Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Why Is There Turbulence In a NBA Arena? (/forums/showthread.php?t=898370)

PhillyIMBlog.com 12-06-2016 11:23 AM

Why Is There Turbulence In a NBA Arena?

Am I the only one tired of seeing the ball catch turbulence through its shot arch, get lifted a extra 5-10 feet and always drop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BegBy 12-06-2016 03:05 PM

Re: Why Is There Turbulence In a NBA Arena?

I don't think I understand exactly what you mean.

Graphik 12-06-2016 03:21 PM

There is a vid floating around by SamPhan showing how the ball initially takes a flight arch towards hitting the rim and in mid-air, the ball path magically changes direction for a swish.

ViolenceFight 12-06-2016 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphik (Post 2048608518)
There is a vid floating around by SamPhan showing how the ball initially takes a flight arch towards hitting the rim and in mid-air, the ball path magically changes direction for a swish.

Mike Wang talked about this in a thread specifically on this last week. It's a calculation/communication bug. The shot goes up, but there's a lag in the calculation so it appears to adjust in air. It happens more online but he said offline uses the same system so it's very possible that's why you see it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Graphik 12-06-2016 03:48 PM

Not really a big deal for me. I'm sure the game already determines if the shot will hit or miss soon as it leaves the players hands. What you said makes perfect sense from a technical standpoint.

Trackball 12-06-2016 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphik (Post 2048608587)
I'm sure the game already determines if the shot will hit or miss soon as it leaves the players hands. What you said makes perfect sense from a technical standpoint.

Which, in an indoor game, is exactly what happens in real life, so it's hard to argue here.

Which reminds me--has anyone had a green-release shot blocked? That's one outside factor that would negate player input, and I don't have a problem with that either.

SirGaryColeman 12-06-2016 09:53 PM

This game isn't using physics, that is just an animation.

2k is basically rolling a dice and factoring in your attributes, range, how open you are, etc. to determine whether the shot goes in.

You used to actually see your team earn points on the scoreboard before the ball even finished coming down from its arc.

PhillyIMBlog.com 12-06-2016 09:54 PM

Its a damn shame when this can just get left in but there can be a mad scientist pulling levers up and down on the sliders and everyone is ok with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk