Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=554)
-   -   Franchise with Created Teams (/forums/showthread.php?t=898643)

rush02721 12-11-2016 09:38 AM

Franchise with Created Teams

Hope I didn't miss an answer to this somewhere else...

Have there been any issues with using created teams in franchise mode? I thought I had read something about players on the wrong team after a trade or something to that effect. I had set up ready to go then I think it was the first roster update wiped out all my teams. I think I'm ready to try again as I need something to fool around with in addition to my struggling Leafs franchise. Thanks for any info

mrCPUgeek 12-11-2016 12:08 PM

Re: Franchise with Created Teams

Quote:

Originally Posted by rush02721 (Post 2048614765)
Hope I didn't miss an answer to this somewhere else...

Have there been any issues with using created teams in franchise mode? I thought I had read something about players on the wrong team after a trade or something to that effect. I had set up ready to go then I think it was the first roster update wiped out all my teams. I think I'm ready to try again as I need something to fool around with in addition to my struggling Leafs franchise. Thanks for any info

The only issue I've seen is that when you create your team, if you create players as well, they will show up as free agents. To get by this, assign your created players to the team you are replacing as well. That will keep them from be duplicated in the franchise.

Splitter77 12-11-2016 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrCPUgeek (Post 2048614908)
The only issue I've seen is that when you create your team, if you create players as well, they will show up as free agents. To get by this, assign your created players to the team you are replacing as well. That will keep them from be duplicated in the franchise.

yup.
wish i had known this before i started. now all my buds are cloned around the league

Mike Lowe 12-21-2016 01:09 AM

Only issue is that my goalie still has his old helmet and I can't make him something that has our new logo etc on it.

Not that I've seen, at least.

s_mkheidze 12-21-2016 05:04 PM

my only issue is that there is no way to modify your uni's once you start the franchise. If you forget one tiny detail...guess what? you have to restart or just deal with it.