Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   The "Brick Wall Stumble" animation HAS to go (/forums/showthread.php?t=899708)

NoLeafClover 12-30-2016 06:37 AM

The "Brick Wall Stumble" animation HAS to go

This is something that happens maybe once in every 50 games in the NBA if that, yet screen spamming with Brick Wall badge can knock players down multiple times PER PLAY.

Given that illegal screen fouls are never called, it's spammed over and over again in both Park and Pro Am with zero consequence and leads to open 3 pointers over and over again with nothing the defender can do.

Either greatly scale down its frequency, or remove it from the game entirely as it has no place in a "basketball simulation".

Breakstarter 12-30-2016 07:22 AM

Re: The "Brick Wall Stumble" animation HAS to go

NOO.....someone worked hard to get that slowwwwww center to hall of fame level brick wall...you need to go make you a defender with hall of fame pick dodger if you want to counter them...simple as that. Besides grabbing rebounds, that's what these big dudes are for...why would you want to nerf GC and post scorers for? Did you run into too many recently that left a sour taste in your mouth? Tell your big guys to do the same thing back to the opposing team.

Rockie_Fresh88 12-30-2016 08:36 AM

The brick wall animation is just over dramatic . A nice screen can be set without literally falling to the ground all the time. I'm seeing centers fall its comical. I have a LDD with upgraded pick dodger and I still fall a lot. My animation is still slow And can be spammed.

ph33 12-30-2016 09:11 AM

My max strength post scorer got brick walled in the half court once. Wasn't even mad just started laughing.

That stumble animation should happen ONLY if somebody has had a solid pick set and someone runs full speed straight into them. It's really the only time you'd see it in real life, when people are going too fast and don't look up and get screened hard.

nova91 12-30-2016 10:20 AM

These animations should be weight and strength dependent, ain't no reason for all of these long drawn out animations on nearly every screen badge or no badge. I watch bigs get caught on screens by guards who they have nearly 100 pounds on all the time. There should also be a minimum length that the screen has to be set to trigger the pancake screen animation, there's no way you have a solid enough base to put someone on the ground when you're constantly bouncing around trying catch people with the screens.

CBAT 12-30-2016 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breakstarter (Post 2048637775)
NOO.....someone worked hard to get that slowwwwww center to hall of fame level brick wall...you need to go make you a defender with hall of fame pick dodger if you want to counter them...simple as that. Besides grabbing rebounds, that's what these big dudes are for...why would you want to nerf GC and post scorers for? Did you run into too many recently that left a sour taste in your mouth? Tell your big guys to do the same thing back to the opposing team.

You rarely see a player get knocked down by a screen in any form of basketball. It pretty much only happens if the players doesn't see it coming and is moving very quickly.

DakkoN 12-30-2016 04:51 PM

I should never get knocked down just because I am holding L2 while STANDING STILL. My player gets magnetically sucked into a screen and acts like he got shot in the hip by a bullet..

MontanaMan 12-30-2016 04:52 PM

I'm fine with it if I legitimately get caught by one of the brick walls.

But it's so blatantly obvious that you get sucked into the animation if you even get close. You can barely avoid it because there is some invisible force pulling you into the screen just because they have the badge.

It makes trying to dodge the screen legitimately very difficult.