Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   NFC Wild Card: (5)New York Giants @ (4) Green Bay Packers (/forums/showthread.php?t=899891)

ProfessaPackMan 01-01-2017 11:59 PM

NFC Wild Card: (5)New York Giants @ (4) Green Bay Packers

We've all seen this movie before and we all know how it ends each time.

That being said, Football Gods and King...please, please, please give us just one over Playoff Eli. Is that too much to ask for? Y'all can have us every other year but just let us have this one, ok?

PeoplesChampGB 01-02-2017 01:55 AM

Re: NFC Wild Card: (5)New York Giants @ (4) Green Bay Packers

I feel great about this game because we are the hottest team in the league and Rodgers has found his zone.

At the same time...........I hope playoff Eli doesn't get on the flight to GB.

slickdtc 01-02-2017 07:19 AM

NFC Wild Card: (5)New York Giants @ (4) Green Bay Packers

Giants showed some balls yesterday knocking out WSH from playoff contention. But that offense is still questionable. If the Packers can put a couple TD's on this Giants defense, I don't know if Eli and the NY offense can keep up. ODB is gonna need to take over.

I've been down all year on GB but this 6 game win streak has me swaying back toward them. This is a great Wild Card Weekend matchup with recent playoff history and two teams who've won 15 of their last 17 games and it's still a 4/5 game!

Whoever wins, there's gonna be that feeling that the winner is headed for the SB. Eli and Rodgers/Packers have both gone on epic playoff runs over the years. Even looking ahead, the Cowboys are a great team but having to likely see one of these two teams would have me nervous as hell about a one and done after such a terrific season.

Okay, actual prediction. Gotta ride with the Pack at home and looking unstoppable. 27-17.

roadman 01-02-2017 07:56 AM

All depends on our secondary.

I can't imagine Morgan Burnett and Michah Hyde trying to cover ODB all day.

I do like our chances, but the Giants D is real good.

jb12780 01-02-2017 09:12 AM

If the Giants running game can play like they did yesterday, that will definitely take some pressure off of Eli.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Operation Sports mobile app

ProfessaPackMan 01-02-2017 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadman (Post 2048640932)
All depends on our secondary.

I can't imagine Morgan Burnett and Michah Hyde trying to cover ODB all day.

I do like our chances, but the Giants D is real good.

I'm still having nightmares and flashbacks from 07 and '11, road lol

SPTO 01-02-2017 02:04 PM

I think the Giants defense is at least good enough to keep Rodgers in check for the most part. They've been an up and down team all year offensively but it's been that defense that has for the most part been very consistent. I think if they can put pressure on Rodgers and Eli shows his playoff form then it'll be a close and tough ball game. Really, this one is hard to predict but whoever wins will become the trendy pick to go to the SB out of the NFC.

I'm gonna go with Playoff Eli in this one.

RJTurneR 01-02-2017 02:09 PM

This is hard to say but after watching Rodgers last night... Give me him not just in this game but through the entire postseason.

He is just... something else.