Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Operation Sports Content and Other News (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   2016 Sports Game of the Year: Best Solo/Career Mode (Reader's Choice) (/forums/showthread.php?t=900071)

RaychelSnr 01-04-2017 05:15 PM

2016 Sports Game of the Year: Best Solo/Career Mode (Reader's Choice)

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9FbFPTsiAWQ" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Solo/Career modes have really entered into an era of flourishing in sports gaming. MyCAREER from NBA 2K really changed how developers approach this mode on a widespread level by introducing narrative to this part of the sports gaming genre a few years back. While other games had done the narrative idea before, none had quite the success than NBA 2K was able to achieve.

This year, FIFA 17 jumped into the fray with their new mode, 'The Journey'. Other games such as MLB The Show 16, stuck with a more tried and true formula of building up characters and having you create your own narrative to play within.

Be sure to watch the video above and subscribe to us on YouTube and click below to see the results of this year's reader vote.

Read More - 2016 Sports Game of the Year: Best Solo/Career Mode

KTBFFH 01-04-2017 06:35 PM

I'm somewhat surprised by The Journey's third place finish. Understandably it was up against two juggernauts in the genre. Although I wonder about the reception rate considering FIFA in general seems to have a lower adoption rate amongst OS members as opposed to the other two games. Not to say there's anything wrong with that, just an observation. Nevertheless a good showing all around by each game.

Lovesports 01-04-2017 09:52 PM

NBA 2K hands down. Good job OS readers

Retropyro 01-05-2017 12:51 AM

Wow, MyCareer has become an unmitigated mess. Don't understand how it could be considered the best. I'll take RTTS any day.

BSchwartz07 01-05-2017 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KTBFFH (Post 2048644510)
I'm somewhat surprised by The Journey's third place finish. Understandably it was up against two juggernauts in the genre. Although I wonder about the reception rate considering FIFA in general seems to have a lower adoption rate amongst OS members as opposed to the other two games. Not to say there's anything wrong with that, just an observation. Nevertheless a good showing all around by each game.

I actually almost picked up FIFA just to try the new career mode, but when I found out that you are forced to play with their created character, and that it just ends after one season I was turned off and opted not to go for it. I don't see how it could compete with NBA2K or The Show without the ability to create and edit your player, and multiple seasons.

wisdom less13 01-05-2017 09:14 AM

I really only create guys to play team based modes online. I just wold like games to keep online separate from offline. 2K for example, I can't stand grinding for badges. If I could take my guy online, and earn them I'd be down with that. I voted RTTS because it seems more of an organic rise. Just my two cents. I'm all about franchise modes anyway...