Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   Question about sliders meanings (/forums/showthread.php?t=900108)

DatIsraeliGuy 01-05-2017 10:51 AM

Question about sliders meanings

I bought Madden 17 two days ago after playing (and adoring) Madden 15 without any madden experience beforehand, and as 17 is far superior in my opinion, I was disappointed to see no new gameplay sliders were added, and they still have no tool tip explaining what every slider does.

So here's my question(s):
1. Fumbles - is it 0 equals lots of fumbles or 0 meaning least fumbles?
2. Interceptions- same
3. Pass coverage reaction time (or whatever it is) - what's that?
4. Tackles - what does the slider do?

Would be glad if you can help a noob out

Aestis 01-07-2017 11:54 PM

Re: Question about sliders meanings

Quote:

Originally Posted by DatIsraeliGuy (Post 2048645202)
I bought Madden 17 two days ago after playing (and adoring) Madden 15 without any madden experience beforehand, and as 17 is far superior in my opinion, I was disappointed to see no new gameplay sliders were added, and they still have no tool tip explaining what every slider does.

So here's my question(s):
1. Fumbles - is it 0 equals lots of fumbles or 0 meaning least fumbles?
2. Interceptions- same
3. Pass coverage reaction time (or whatever it is) - what's that?
4. Tackles - what does the slider do?

Would be glad if you can help a noob out

1. Fumbles - 0 equals most fumbles, 100 least
2. Interceptions - 0 equals least INTs, 100 most
3. Pass D Reaction - affects how quickly defenders react when your QB starts to throw the ball. Too high and they'll start closing on the ball the moment you press the button. Too low and they won't react to the ball until the WR has nearly caught it. Some people think lower Pass D Reaction time makes running tougher, I can't verify that.
4. Tackles - 100 equals best tacklers. I also am pretty positive this affects block shedding & pursuit angles.

Splice 01-08-2017 04:44 PM

I've noticed that the higher you put the fatigue, the more difficult the CPU becomes?

I turned my fatigue up to 75 from 60 and changed nothing else. The Eagles had 10 yard wide holes for Darren Sproles to run through and he was breaking 2-3 tackles per play. Had 77 yards rushing on 9 carries in the first quarter and the 2nd HB had 2 carries for 96 yards. I had to quit the game.

DatIsraeliGuy 01-09-2017 03:40 AM

Thanks for the help

timhere1970 01-14-2017 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splice (Post 2048649414)
I've noticed that the higher you put the fatigue, the more difficult the CPU becomes?

I turned my fatigue up to 75 from 60 and changed nothing else. The Eagles had 10 yard wide holes for Darren Sproles to run through and he was breaking 2-3 tackles per play. Had 77 yards rushing on 9 carries in the first quarter and the 2nd HB had 2 carries for 96 yards. I had to quit the game.

Interesting, I have been going the opposite direction believing fatigued players are leading to fourth quarter shenanigans by the cpu offense. My observation has been with lower fatigue players are faster and stronger over the course of the game. My last game I was running 5 fatigue with sub out at 96 and sub in at 98 but saw no subbing so I am going to raise fatigue to 10 next time. I am definately seeing players on both sides of the ball move faster.

cable guy 01-14-2017 12:38 PM

The topic of fatigue is extremely interesting. Never thought to make cpu more competitive going this route. On default all-pro they do seem to fade out. Cpu Passing game anyhow.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

timhere1970 01-14-2017 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cable guy (Post 2048657315)
The topic of fatigue is extremely interesting. Never thought to make cpu more competitive going this route. On default all-pro they do seem to fade out. Cpu Passing game anyhow.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I find the opposite. Over half of passing yards by the cpu come in the fourth quarter constantly against me. Robot qb kicks in against my tired defense. Keeping everybody non fatigued makes them play consistently. I don't think it helps either side. Just makes everybidy play more consistently and faster. Basically, it takes their stamina rating out of the equation as a modifier to other attributes.