Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   Why is rubber guard and some submission attempts so hard to deny? (/forums/showthread.php?t=900534)

Dave_S 01-13-2017 12:16 AM

Why is rubber guard and some submission attempts so hard to deny?

It frequently feels like I have to preemptively deny, even though I know preemptive denying isn't in the game. Even in a lag free match it sometimes feels like those denials must be performed in less than .1 seconds.

Is my cheapo Magnavox led tv just a laggy turd?

daveliveshere 01-13-2017 12:23 AM

Re: Why is rubber guard and some submission attempts so hard to deny?

I have the same problem with rubber guard, sometimes I can deny it, against some people it won't deny at all and I just get elbowed in the head for a round

SisterRay 01-13-2017 12:27 AM

Do they have the guard perk? That makes it even harder to deny

Dave_S 01-13-2017 12:37 AM

no idea if they have perks. thought it might be TV issue because in those fights I have zero issue denying transitions.

it seems when I escape rubber guard the next attempt at RG is always in the opposite direction. it seems even when I know the transition is coming I have to deny at nearly exact same time as opponent throws transition attempt I am fairly certain there isn't any momentum in transitions I'm taking about so figured it was probably just display lag on my cheapo television.

Bigg Cee 01-13-2017 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave_S (Post 2048655651)
It frequently feels like I have to preemptively deny, even though I know preemptive denying isn't in the game. Even in a lag free match it sometimes feels like those denials must be performed in less than .1 seconds.

Is my cheapo Magnavox led tv just a laggy turd?

Once I got a new 50 in tv with a 13.4 ms input lag, rubber guard and people spamming it is a thing of the past. My old tv I would never ever get it when ppl did it back to back in different directions but now it's so easy to stop with any fighter.

Go out and buy a low input lag tv Dave!!! It's a game changer. lol

Dave_S 01-13-2017 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigg Cee (Post 2048655687)
Once I got a new 50 in tv with a 13.2 ms input lag, rubber guard and people spamming it is a thing of the past. My old tv I would never ever get it when ppl did it back to back in different directions but now it's so easy to stop with any fighter.

Go out and buy a low input lag tv Dave!!! It's a game changer. lol

I'm so indecisive, and spend all my money on guns and toys. What resolution is your tv? One of these days I'll get 4k and probably pay attention to input lag. I can't drop $2k or big bucks on a TV. The last time I bought a fancy smancy tv it fell through my glass television stand inexplicably while I was in the other room. That's luck for you. My insurance company didn't agree with my argument that my tv was also a computer, even though it had operating system and what not.
:cloudy::love:

Bigg Cee 01-13-2017 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave_S (Post 2048655695)
I'm so indecisive, and spend all my money on guns and toys. What resolution is your tv? One of these days I'll get 4k and probably pay attention to input lag. I can't drop $2k or big bucks on a TV. The last time I bought a fancy smancy tv it fell through my glass television stand inexplicably while I was in the other room. That's luck for you. My insurance company didn't agree with my argument that my tv was also a computer, even though it had operating system and what not.
:cloudy::love:

between $500 - $600

Vizio D-series 4K UHD. But the catch is that this tv has the lowest input lag ever recorded for a tv. It has been day and night in the difference. I do recommend checking it out.

It's a budget 4K tv the does everything well but excels in gaming and motion with the lowest input lag ever recorded.

There is the link buddy. Available at target.
http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/vizio/d-series-4k-2016

Bigg Cee 01-13-2017 01:31 AM

This is there review on the tv for video games and input lag...

1080p @ 60Hz Show Help : 13.5 ms
1080p With Interpolation Show Help : N/A
1080p @ 60Hz Outside Game Mode Show Help : 80.1 ms
1080p @ 60Hz @ 4:4:4 Show Help : N/A
4k @ 60Hz Show Help : 13.4 ms
4k @ 60Hz @ 4:4:4 Show Help : N/A
4k @ 60Hz + HDR Show Help : N/A
4k @ 60Hz @ 4:4:4 + HDR Show Help : N/A

This is the lowest input lag we have measured on a TV so far. The time it takes for the TV to respond to a controller input is extremely low. Any serious gamers, even those playing competitively, should be pleased with the Vizio D. To get the input lag to a minimum, we had to use the 'Game' picture mode and the HDMI 5 input. For the HDMI 1, the 1080p input lag under game mode (with 'Game Low Latency' on) is 42.2ms.

13.4 ms IS THE MAGIC NUMBER ON HDMI SLOT 5. Its the 4K HDMI slot.