Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=502)
-   -   Wingmen theme (/forums/showthread.php?t=900815)

kabamaru 01-17-2017 01:18 PM

Wingmen theme

I am gonna get that T-Mac for whatever cost needed.

Not very impressed with the rest of the collection though

Compared to Lockdown theme these cards don't seem so OP

sk8board 01-17-2017 01:26 PM

Re: Wingmen theme

Not impressed. Maybe if I cared more about MyTeam I would be excited about the T-Mac, but until they give him Jimmer Freddettes jumper then I don't like T-Mac in this game. Tracy used to jump so high and hit contested 3's like no other. He was unguardable, especially that turnaround fade-away jumper from the high post.

In 2k he does none of these things, so pass. Reminds me of Hakeem 80 something block and the "Dreem Shake" than gets blocked more than it goes in. 2k hates the Rockets and I don't care about any good former Rockets in this game. One of their devs that does the YouTube said they don't care about what the Rockets are doing in the regular season and they only judge the Rockets based on how they do in the playoffs.

Nickstank 01-17-2017 01:27 PM

Dumars looks sneaky good. Top notch 3 and D guy who can lock up opposing PGs or SGs. But I'm with you on the rest of the collection outside of T-Mac and Penny.

AsYouSwish 01-17-2017 01:35 PM

I would consider Tmac or Penny because they look like an upgrade to my current PG/SG and because I imagine they'll have high resell value as they're popular players. I wouldn't be surprised if these are the best Tmac and Penny cards we get all year. Neither are "must haves" for me but they're not bad cards. But pretty disappointed with the badges compared to the last few releases. I'm glad I did the Lockdown set for Robinson.

sk8board 01-17-2017 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsYouSwish (Post 2048661686)
I would consider Tmac or Penny because they look like an upgrade to my current PG/SG and because I imagine they'll have high resell value as they're popular players. I wouldn't be surprised if these are the best Tmac and Penny cards we get all year. Neither are "must haves" for me but they're not bad cards. But pretty disappointed with the badges compared to the last few releases. I'm glad I did the Lockdown set for Robinson.

There is still 8 months. 2k is greedy. Don't worry, there will be pink.

firerises 01-17-2017 01:40 PM

They weirdly nerfed Wade's block (46) and steal (56) smh.. If they did so to keep him amethyst, they should have just lowered his open 3 (80) along with the other 3pt ratings. He was definitely not a solid or above average 3pt shooter in 12-13. Nerfing his block and steal ratings takes a lot of the fun out of using a Wade card. His two-way playmaking is what made him so exciting to watch and play as in video games. The inconsistency that 2K displays in rating players every year is baffling. Wade has a 46 block, but T-Mac (as a Rocket)has an 81??? Also how does he only have 3 badges?? The version used with the classic team had many more smh.

sk8board 01-17-2017 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firerises (Post 2048661695)
They weirdly nerfed Wade's block (46) and steak (56) smh.. If they did so to keep him amethyst, they should have just lowered his open 3 (80) along with the other 3pt ratings. He was definitely not a solid or above average 3pt shooter in 12-13. Nerfing his block and steal ratings takes a lot of the fun out of using a Wade card. His two-way playmaking is what made him so exciting to watch and play as in video games. The inconsistency that 2K displays in rating players every year is baffling. Wade has a 46 block, but T-Mac (as a Rocket)has an 81??? Also how does he only have 3 badges?? The version used with the classic team had many more smh.

I thought it was just bad before (mainly for the historics) because 2k didn't watch must bastketball and didn't have anyone working there who knew about historic players.

This year they have shown that they just dgaf about MyTeam ratings.

KyrieAbuser 01-17-2017 01:55 PM

The way they go about giving Hof badges is baffling, like how not one player other than pippen get one but in the lockdown theme like 5 players get multiple Hof badges.