Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Non-Sports Gaming (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Nioh (/forums/showthread.php?t=901091)

Pappy Knuckles 01-21-2017 02:09 PM

Nioh

They dropped a final beta for this weekend only, so I've been messing around with it today. Very cool game. I don't think it's for everybody, but it's shaping up to be an enjoyable experience.

It took me a while to understand all of the mechanics, but it's starting to click now. I think this is going to be difficult yet rewarding in the same way Bloodborne was for me. In addition to that, I just really dig the whole ninja aspect of the game. I'm looking forward to playing the full version.

Pappy Knuckles 01-21-2017 02:23 PM

Re: Nioh

Leading up to this, I was feeling good about myself. I was preparing to fight this goon in the cave and then I went out like a chump. I was not happy lmao.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zeghBi2Vsi8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bigg Cee 01-21-2017 04:48 PM

What kind of game is this? The video was not working for me.

Bighoff 01-21-2017 09:13 PM

I really enjoyed the earlier beta of Nioh, gonna have to checkout this version.

Candyman5 01-22-2017 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigg Cee (Post 2048667514)
What kind of game is this? The video was not working for me.

Same

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Pappy Knuckles 01-22-2017 11:54 AM

It's an action-RPG, much like Bloodborne, except you're controlling a Western Samurai. If you tried to watch through the OS app, I can't get videos to work in there at all either. Otherwise, I'm not sure why my pitiful video didn't work for you two. Others have seen it fine.

Pappy Knuckles 01-22-2017 12:14 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RiZnl7SBlE8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Drag66 01-23-2017 08:06 AM

On Saturday night, I played the demo for about 5 minutes, died a bunch of times, and quit playing. I figured I'd never play it again. On Sunday, I booted it back up in the morning, learned how to play, and could not quit playing throughout the day. I really loved it! It is definitely a Souls-type game with some key differences. The combat is more complex than Souls as Nioh has three different stances with moves specific for each stance. And I love the plentiful loot in this game as compared to Souls. It is very difficult if you are not patient. But certainly doable if you are careful. If you go rushing in, you will die. Managing stamina, just like Souls, is key. This went from nowhere near my radar to a likely purchase on launch.