Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   TOO MUCH HANG TIME ON FLY BALLS (/forums/showthread.php?t=901217)

sandmac 01-23-2017 12:21 AM

TOO MUCH HANG TIME ON FLY BALLS

I've played probably 2,000 + games of The Show over the years and besides the speed /frame rate disconnect on branching animations by far the biggest issue is lack of hit variety.

Happy to see ball spin has been addressed on ground balls for '17.

FLY BALLS?
We obviously need these addressed as well...

The solution: code in a reduction in hang time on fly balls after contact. Simply put the hits need to drop at a much faster rate. This will result in more drop-ins as well as place a higher value on fielders speed and ability.

BONUS: Fewer of those constant pop out foul balls that happen 5+ times per game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stroehms 01-23-2017 12:25 AM

Re: TOO MUCH HANG TIME ON FLY BALLS

Hopefully the new Ball/Bat physics help with all type of hit varieties and not just hits down the line (as shown in the teaser trailer)

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

shark547 01-23-2017 02:51 AM

I agree there are way too many pop ups.

On another note, I found that if you turn the slider for timing all the way to the right you tend to get the same types of hits more often.

I started a new player and turned the timing slider to the left and I have seen types of hits I have never seen before. I am now seeing hits that "make sense" for when i swing. I am actually hitting better now too.

Just a thought.

decga 01-23-2017 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shark547 (Post 2048669345)
I agree there are way too many pop ups.

On another note, I found that if you turn the slider for timing all the way to the right you tend to get the same types of hits more often.

I started a new player and turned the timing slider to the left and I have seen types of hits I have never seen before. I am now seeing hits that "make sense" for when i swing. I am actually hitting better now too.

Just a thought.

It's amazing how these sliders work in sports game. It's like fine tuning to your liking & I guess that's the purpose of it. I am personally not seeing too much hang on fly balls in my franchise. For instance, I am playing with the Braves CF Inciarte has gotten alot of the over the shuttle outs like a wide receiver. Now your defensive alignment might come into play too.

tnixen 01-23-2017 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stroehms (Post 2048669277)
Hopefully the new Ball/Bat physics help with all type of hit varieties and not just hits down the line (as shown in the teaser trailer)

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Yes lets all pray and hope for this! :)

RawlingsHOH 01-23-2017 04:59 PM

I agree it's one thing if it were here and there or on bombs but it happens too often almost every fly ball gets caught unless it's off the wall

Sent from my SM-G903W using Operation Sports mobile app

oldtimey 01-23-2017 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RawlingsHOH (Post 2048669988)
I agree it's one thing if it were here and there or on bombs but it happens too often almost every fly ball gets caught unless it's off the wall

Sent from my SM-G903W using Operation Sports mobile app

I use the sliders and reduce fielder's speed and jump to 0. With these adjustments, only the best fielders reach balls quickly.

sandmac 01-24-2017 11:58 PM

I just had a pop fly into shallow LF literally take 8 seconds to come down. That's like almost zero gravity. C'mon now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk