Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Operation Sports Content and Other News (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Throwback Thursday: Mutant League Football (/forums/showthread.php?t=901539)

Steve_OS 01-26-2017 02:26 PM

Throwback Thursday: Mutant League Football

Some of the gaming veterans out there might be old enough to remember there was an entertaining football game produced by EA back in the early 90s. Instead of playing with your favorite players and teams, fictional monsters roamed the land-mine-filled stadiums, scattered throughout the galaxy. The game was Mutant League Football, and it was one of my favorite games as a child.

In this week’s Throwback Thursday, I look back at this memorable game, and look at how it might have stacked up against today’s sports video games.

Read More - Throwback Thursday: Mutant League Football (Written by: Josh Houtz)

SKROBES 01-26-2017 03:40 PM

Loved this game! They even had a Sunday morning cartoon.

mosdef328 01-26-2017 03:43 PM

I LOOOVVEEEDD this game. The first sports game I ever played and the game that built the bridge from my nerdy swords and sorcery pursuits to an interest in sports. It's probably the reason I even started playing sports to begin with, which i did all the way through college. Thanks for the nostalgia fest!

Loshaw36 01-26-2017 03:52 PM

Fantastic game always wished they'd make a modern take on it. That would be something. They also made that Mutant League Hockey which was equally as awesome. Who wouldn't like electrified nets, sharks under the ice LOL. Great article on a great game that deserves a modern take, and it's getting on apparently.

boxboy99 01-26-2017 04:48 PM

High dev budgets to create games now have pushed titles like this out of the market place. I'd love to see more titles like this come back. Whatever happened to the company that was attempting to make a new knock off version?

outkaz79 01-27-2017 09:22 AM

They are coming back. https://www.facebook.com/MutantFootballLeague/?fref=ts

Game comes out this summer

GlennN 01-27-2017 10:16 AM

Loved this game back in the day, and I am looking forward to the remake!

longway911 01-27-2017 11:04 AM

How funny. After not thinking about this game for years it randomly came up in conversation between my sister and I while watching the conference championship games this weekend. What do I see a few days later? An article about that very game. Midway Monsters for life!