Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=494)
-   -   2017 NFL Draft Player Database (/forums/showthread.php?t=901761)

adamltreitler 01-30-2017 03:42 PM

2017 NFL Draft Player Database

Hi,

Here is a database that I will continue to update throughout the Senior Bowl and pre-draft scouting combines and pro days containing (currently) 477 NFL Draft prospects who are confirmed entrants in the 2017 draft.

It has their primary position, alternate position, name, projected round, projected overall, recommended development trait, jersey number, college, recommended type, Height, Weight, Age, Skin Color, and a column for any additional Notes.

The notes column is currently empty but I will update it to track changes and to note multi-positional players like Jabrill Peppers and Adoree' Jackson.

Please comment here and/or private message me for any discrepancies in height/weight/age. Projected rounds are based mostly off nfldraftscout/CBS, profootballfocus, and walterfootball. A full database of 2018 is in the works as well.

Best,
A

Tacolover876 01-31-2017 10:42 AM

Re: 2017 NFL Draft Player Database

Thank you.

Herky 01-31-2017 01:18 PM

Awesome! Are you going to add the suggested Face numbers by chance? I know you had them on your draft prospects sheet so no biggie if they aren't included on this one.

Also, how do you determine who to edit during the draft? For example, if a OT is the first pick do you turn him into the highest rated OT?

Thanks for this!

adamltreitler 01-31-2017 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herky (Post 2048679754)
Awesome! Are you going to add the suggested Face numbers by chance? I know you had them on your draft prospects sheet so no biggie if they aren't included on this one.

Also, how do you determine who to edit during the draft? For example, if a OT is the first pick do you turn him into the highest rated OT?

Thanks for this!

I took out faces, solely because I had faces for only about half the players. I can put those face values back for those players with them and leave the rest blank in the interim.

If I can find the time, I'll see if I can put face values for all new additions as well.

To answer your second question--I determine who to edit via a # of factors.

I try to include "real life" logic as much as possible--i.e. if a team drafts a speed receiver, they probably drafted John Ross III rather than Mike Williams or Corey Davis. I also try not to adjust heights & weights by more than 3-4 inches and 30-40 lbs. So if a 350 lb guard gets drafted in the first round, I'll probably assign him as Zach Banner or David Sharpe, rather than Dan Feeney or Forrest Lamp.

Additionally, there are a number of players who could play multiple positions, such as Evan Engram. Depending on whether a receiving TE or a possession/red zone threat WR comes off the board in the 2nd-3rd round and there's a space for him, I'll assign Engram to either/or. Similarly, I'll assign Jabrill Peppers to a SS or OLB position depending on which gets drafted first. If a Prototype OLB weighing under 225 comes off the board before a SS, I might assign that players to be Jabrill. Same goes for Curtis Samuel. If a receiving RB comes off the board before a WR of his type, I might assign him as a RB rather than a WR.

With players like Curtis Samuel, Jabrill Peppers, Christian McCaffrey, Adoree' Jackson, etc. I've continued to edit their ratings to reflect their unique skillsets (I try to keep their OVR within 2 points so I sometimes have to randomly lower certain skills to boost others). But I prefer to keep things as genuine as possible--i.e. if a team drafted a speed receiver in round 1, I'm not going to give them Mike Williams and then drastically reduce that player's speed from 95 to 89/90.

In the end, it's up to you. If only one WR goes in round 1 and you want it to be Mike Williams, make that guy Mike Williams. Even if it means turning a 5'9" 175 lb. speedster with 96 speed/96 acc into a 6'3" 225 lb. possession receiver/red zone threat, you might want to do that to keep things "genuine".

Until Madden let's us edit draft classes in the pre-season, there's really no "easy" way to have a genuine class. It's kind of fun to imagine a draft though where somehow Myles Garrett drops to #10 or Teez Tabor drops to the second round. Also, despite my suggested development traits, I think it's just as fun (if not more so), to let players receive whatever dev they get in game.

My recommended dev traits currently reflect practice reports/off-the-field issues/end-of-season performances/serious injuries.

I.e. Nate Holley, Joe Mixon, and Torrodney Prevot all have slow dev traits because of their off-the-field issues. Chad Kelly and Seth Russell have slow dev traits because they've been injury-plagued. Jeremy McNichols has slow dev because some scouting reports indicate they think he's peaked/hit his ceiling. JuJu Smith-Schuster has Slow because he was supposed to be the #1 receiver in this class and now some mocks have him dropping as far as the 3rd round. Forrest Lamp has Superstar because he's gone from projected UDFA to 4th round prospect to the #1 OG on the board. Zach Cunningham also has Superstar because he's been trending up since early season and his performance at Vandy never really dipped. He's gone from a 2nd-3rd round project to the best linebacker in the draft.

~A

Herky 02-01-2017 10:45 AM

Thanks for the detailed response and I look forward to using your database when I edit my draft class soon.

Great work!

adamltreitler 02-01-2017 02:13 PM

No problem! If you have any questions or suggestions, always feel free to comment or DM me.

I've added back the faces for those I already generated faces for.

~A

xApAthyx13 02-01-2017 03:00 PM

I start creating draft picks usually around the middle of march and I typically use 2-3 sites for details.....however I'm definitely going to check in with yours for face and skin recommendations.

I appreciate it. :cheers:

adamltreitler 02-01-2017 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xApAthyx13 (Post 2048681312)
I start creating draft picks usually around the middle of march and I typically use 2-3 sites for details.....however I'm definitely going to check in with yours for face and skin recommendations.

I appreciate it. :cheers:

Thanks!

Will be doing my best to keep this up-to-date as we get into the pre-draft combines and interviews. Already news of Malik Hooker's stock slipping slightly after two surgeries and Trubisky's initial physical results have some scouts worried about his frame.

Currently scouring WalterFootball, CBS Sports/NFLDraftScout, ProFootballFocus, Rotoviz, Bleacher Report, NFL.com, NFLDraftGeek, Yahoo Sports/Rivals, ESPN, among other sources. Always open to new sources if anyone knows of any great metrics/analysis sites for CFB/NFL Draft scouting.

I try to keep things as up-to-date as I can, but I may start sectioning my updates into different sheets--so that people currently editing draft classes have one from a specific "time period" to build off of.