Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=494)
-   -   Created players for custom draft roster not saving to roster? (/forums/showthread.php?t=902257)

troy184 02-06-2017 04:12 PM

Created players for custom draft roster not saving to roster?

Been creating a custom draft roster and I've created over 50 players so far... Unfortunately when I go to create a new player and save them to the roster management section the created player is nowhere to be found....

I have been creating them and releasing them to free agency so that people could place them on the correct team come draft day...

Anyone else have this issue? If so how did you fix it?

Thanks for all your guys time and help.

Cro

xApAthyx13 02-06-2017 05:10 PM

Re: Created players for custom draft roster not saving to roster?

I read somewhere there was a CAP limit on the amount of created players this season. I thought it was a rumor but it sounds like that's just the way it is this year.

adamltreitler 02-06-2017 05:22 PM

Yeah, to my awareness, the create a player cap is 50.

xApAthyx13 02-06-2017 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamltreitler (Post 2048687451)
Yeah, to my awareness, the create a player cap is 50.

jerwoods 02-06-2017 09:04 PM

the limit is 2'999 u can find out how close u are by loading a roster in fran the limit is 80 or 108 if u go back to aug

omega412930 03-07-2017 01:41 AM

Theres really a CAP limit? Thats sucks, i can tell i wo t be playing this game too long way to go EA

rplatypus 03-18-2017 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omega412930 (Post 2048726823)
Theres really a CAP limit? Thats sucks, i can tell i wo t be playing this game too long way to go EA

It's really more of a roster limit than a CAP limit. Since Madden 13, the maximum number of players that could appear on a roster has been 2999. No one has really noticed in the past because before Madden 17 there had always been less than 2700 players on an official roster. There were generally around 400 or so available slots to add more players.

EA really emphasized how easy customizing rosters would be this year but much of the customization features (contracts, age, etc.) were limited to Franchise mode. This really made it difficult to create a quality roster for M17. For me personally, M17 is the least I have ever played a Madden. I've got less than 10 hours in this game because I hate the lack of customization so much. The fact that you can't share a Franchise file absolutely kills any reason to spend the time updating a roster with contracts. If I'm going to spend 100+ hours on a roster, there better be more than just me playing it.

The lack of CAP slots, no audio for CAP's and incoming drafts, only being able to adjust contracts and ages in Franchise mode are things that should have been corrected two console cycles ago. Hopefully they expand the roster limit to 3500 players or so next year to at least fix this new problem.

jerwoods 03-18-2017 10:29 PM

yes there is no reason why they cant expand to 3'500 or 4'000 players on ps4 xbox1

i know why they dont do it because then u couild buy the game every 2 years

which is why in the future i wouild talk to the NFL about a every 2 year madden process say in 2020 or 2022

this way the game would not feel rushed less patches

what do u do about the year gap

well u pay 19.99 for kane to update those rosters