Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=502)
-   -   Anyone still getting loses after your opp quits? (/forums/showthread.php?t=902341)

Law504 02-07-2017 09:14 PM

Anyone still getting loses after your opp quits?

I went from 10-0 to 10-3 in pink diamond league after leading by 15-20 in each game and I been getting loses, lost 3 straight games by my opp quitting, I thought they fixed it or is there some disconnect glitch I dont know about, before quitting 2 of my opp went to the box score and did something with it, they quit on the box score and I got the lost. How do you prevent this?

Nickstank 02-07-2017 09:42 PM

Re: Anyone still getting loses after your opp quits?

The short answer is you can't prevent it. I lost out on a diamond shoe because of that BS. I emailed 2K support and got a form letter back that basically said "tough luck". It's especially bad at peak times when the most people are playing online. I've taken four losses after rage quits by my opponents. All you can do is pray that if your opponent quits you actually get credit for the win.

anditbeg1ns 02-09-2017 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickstank (Post 2048689203)
The short answer is you can't prevent it. I lost out on a diamond shoe because of that BS. I emailed 2K support and got a form letter back that basically said "tough luck". It's especially bad at peak times when the most people are playing online. I've taken four losses after rage quits by my opponents. All you can do is pray that if your opponent quits you actually get credit for the win.

It's very random and just another example of bad MTO experience this year. Just got two straight L's from this glitch.

Offballer4life 02-10-2017 08:12 AM

Up 16 in the first quarter. Everything is working. Rage quit. Ok Cool. Check my shoes and contracts. Head over to the MTO screen to start another game.

Got the L.

This is the first time this has happened to me.

In some convoluted equation, that L = money lost. Thanks again 2k.

Offballer4life 02-11-2017 09:50 AM

Re-did my lineup.

Murdering cats. Usually up 12+ before end of 1st.

In 10 games, I've had 7 rage quits. Got losses for 6. And have been demoted to Ruby. 1 of them had "network issues" and didn t count. It just happened to be a game where I matched against an emerald sapphire squad.

The fact that I remember this happening on last gen YEARS ago is proof positive that this company has little regard for the people paying their salaries.

Honestly, what is the actual point of playing MTO if my gameplay is going to be rewarded with a loss? Not to mention that shoes and contracts get used up.

This is something that should have been addressed IMMEDIATELY when they were aware of it. The fact that it gets ignored year after year Is a massive slap in the face to all of us customers that purchase this broken game every year.

So irritated.

Edit....anyone else find it kind of amusing that they can implement a banning system for those that rage quit, but can't manage to fix this?

sk8board 02-11-2017 10:53 AM

this happened three or four straight times to me last night. Most of them came before the game even started

there has to be a new glitch or something because it was 3 AM and the servers were fine

Offballer4life 02-11-2017 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sk8board (Post 2048693534)
this happened three or four straight times to me last night. Most of them came before the game even started

there has to be a new glitch or something because it was 3 AM and the servers were fine

This has nothing to do with servers. Its a glitch that occurs randomly when opponent quits via pause menu or disconnecting. Its happened to me in both situations. Loading screen, where I know it must be an intentional disconnect, or during the game where I can see them pause and quit.

Its got me on some $hit. Really trying to figure out what the point of playing is if I don't know whether I'm going to get the W for winning.

"Winners win"

Yeah eat my butthole 2k.

thormessiah 02-11-2017 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Offballer4life (Post 2048693595)
This has nothing to do with servers. Its a glitch that occurs randomly when opponent quits via pause menu or disconnecting. Its happened to me in both situations. Loading screen, where I know it must be an intentional disconnect, or during the game where I can see them pause and quit.

Its got me on some $hit. Really trying to figure out what the point of playing is if I don't know whether I'm going to get the W for winning.

"Winners win"

Yeah eat my butthole 2k.

I think 2K has explicitly stated that if the connection is lost between the 2 players, the game gets counted as a loss for both parties. So A)servers are acting up B) you're running into opponents who are aware of this and disconnect their router