Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Awareness? (/forums/showthread.php?t=902541)

OrangeSky 02-10-2017 06:21 PM

Awareness?

Does awareness have any effect when you are controlling a player on offense or defense? For example if I were controlling my QB, would awareness come into play? Or is awareness primarily for the CPU?

bcruise 02-10-2017 06:32 PM

Re: Awareness?

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeSky (Post 2048692921)
Does awareness have any effect when you are controlling a player on offense or defense? For example if I were controlling my QB, would awareness come into play? Or is awareness primarily for the CPU?

Clint Oldenburg tweeted this one time:

https://twitter.com/ClintOldenburg/s...70337740259328

SilverBullet19 02-10-2017 06:55 PM

nope. It only matters for CPU controlled players. That's why you can often do well with a QB in the low 70's. He is often rated that low due to crappy AWR, so you taking over fixes the issue.

Mattanite 02-13-2017 04:43 AM

Depends on who you speak to. Khalib found code which suggests traits like AWR and BCV can boost user skills, it acts like a consistency rating for USERs but works as normal for CPU.

CM Hooe 02-13-2017 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geodude (Post 2048695656)
Depends on who you speak to. Khalib found code which suggests traits like AWR and BCV can boost user skills, it acts like a consistency rating for USERs but works as normal for CPU.

Please forgive my tone as I know you're just repeating things others said before you, but: please consider the source.

Clint Oldenburg, a gameplay designer on Madden NFL at Tiburon, is the guy responsible for (among other things) writing and signing off on the technical design documents provided to client engineers who write the code which runs the game. If anyone knows how the core gameplay in Madden works, especially what ratings are checked when, it's him.

Mattanite 02-13-2017 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CM Hooe (Post 2048695660)
Please forgive my tone as I know you're just repeating things others said before you, but: please consider the source.

Clint Oldenburg, a gameplay designer on Madden NFL at Tiburon, is the guy responsible for (among other things) writing and signing off on the technical design documents provided to client engineers who write the code which runs the game. If anyone knows how the core gameplay in Madden works, especially what ratings are checked when, it's him.

That's alright :). Agreed that Rex is the better reference but was just putting forward the alternative opinion which could have some merit. No worries.

cusefan74 02-14-2017 08:03 AM

How could AWR and BCV effect a user? There is no way it could effect someones decision making.

timhere1970 02-14-2017 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cusefan74 (Post 2048697208)
How could AWR and BCV effect a user? There is no way it could effect someones decision making.

Some say bcv actually has an affect on the size of the hole to run through in the past. Don't know if it still does.