Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   How WME decision making is affecting the playable fighter roster for EA UFC 3 (/forums/showthread.php?t=903063)

Haz____ 02-18-2017 08:27 PM

How WME decision making is affecting the playable fighter roster for EA UFC 3

So over the past few months since WME has taken the reigns. The UFC has been making some questionable decision making. Lot's of popular, and well known fighters, and some promising prospects have been released, or haven't re-signed with UFC which leaves some holes in the playable fighter roster for the next game, EA UFC 3.

How do you guys feel about this?

So far the fighters in EA UFC 2, that won't be in EA UFC 3:

Misha Circunov
Nikita Krylov
Benson Henderson
Matt Mittrione
Rory Macdonald
Kyoji Horiguchi
Lorenz Larkin
Bigfoot Silva
Ryan Bader
Ali Bagautinov
Takeya Mizugaki
Sean O’Connell
Tim Kennedy
Rick Story
Shawn Jordan
Jared Rosholt
Augusto Montano
Erik Perez
Clay Collard
Chael Sonnen
Valerie Letourneau

Am I missing anyone?

kman192 02-18-2017 10:12 PM

Re: How WME decision making is affecting the playable fighter roster for EA UFC 3

Zach Makovsky

aholbert32 02-18-2017 10:36 PM

Re: How WME decision making is affecting the playable fighter roster for EA UFC 3

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haz____ (Post 2048704435)
So over the past few months since WME has taken the reigns. The UFC has been making some questionable decision making. Lot's of popular, and well known fighters, and some promising prospects have been released, or haven't re-signed with UFC which leaves some holes in the playable fighter roster for the next game, EA UFC 3.

How do you guys feel about this?

So far the fighters in EA UFC 2, that won't be in EA UFC 3:

Misha Circunov
Nikita Krylov
Benson Henderson
Matt Mittrione
Rory Macdonald
Kyoji Horiguchi
Lorenz Larkin
Bigfoot Silva
Ryan Bader
Ali Bagautinov
Takeya Mizugaki
Sean O’Connell
Tim Kennedy
Rick Story
Shawn Jordan
Jared Rosholt
Augusto Montano
Erik Perez
Clay Collard
Chael Sonnen
Valerie Letourneau

Am I missing anyone?

Some I'm pissed about (Misha, Krylov, Larkin, Horiguchi, Rory). Some I could care less about (Bigfoot, Sonnen, O'Connell). Some wouldve happened even without WME (Kennedy retired, Mizugaki lost 4 out of 5). To be fair some of these happened before WME (Henderson, Mitrione).

This is the new MMA world. Bellator, Rizin and Russian promotions are willing to overpay and fighters are no longer willing to take a lesser offer just for the right to fight in the UFC. In the end it will all even out. I'll miss alot of these guys but I look forward to fighting with new fighters like Will Brooks, Marlon Moraes and David Branch.

TheRizzzle 02-19-2017 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aholbert32 (Post 2048704630)
Some I'm pissed about (Misha, Krylov, Larkin, Horiguchi, Rory). Some I could care less about (Bigfoot, Sonnen, O'Connell). Some wouldve happened even without WME (Kennedy retired, Mizugaki lost 4 out of 5). To be fair some of these happened before WME (Henderson, Mitrione).

This is the new MMA world. Bellator, Rizin and Russian promotions are willing to overpay and fighters are no longer willing to take a lesser offer just for the right to fight in the UFC. In the end it will all even out. I'll miss alot of these guys but I look forward to fighting with new fighters like Will Brooks, Marlon Moraes and David Branch.

I'm really hoping Justin Gaethje gets signed and added to this list real soon .

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

TheRizzzle 02-19-2017 12:40 AM

You want to talk about something to keep an eye on?

How about whether the women's Featherweight division is a real thing in the next game and how many fighters are in that division?

fballturkey 02-19-2017 02:56 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if they just lump any WFWs in with the BWs. I mean that's effectively what they have right now anyway.

Trillz 02-19-2017 07:39 AM

still roughly just under a year before the game comes out, alot of things can happen before that. Hopefully not more people leave, but i think we will be getting more additions to the roster aswell.

TheRizzzle 02-19-2017 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fballturkey (Post 2048704787)
I wouldn't be surprised if they just lump any WFWs in with the BWs. I mean that's effectively what they have right now anyway.

I think we'll see an actual Featherweight division as well.

My hope is that they continue to have fighters thst can fight in multiple weight classes, even if they haven't necessarily done it in real life, but especially if they have.

I feel like every fighter in the game should be able to move up at least a weight class and a decent amount should be able to move down one within reason.

Obviously Jon Jones is never cutting to middleweight, Johny Hendricks is never making lightweight, but they anticipated Jones could move to heavyweight but not a big welterweight like Hendricks to MW.

Having this ability will help make the roster feel fuller and more diverse but it would take good effort by the devs and the GC'ers to make it realistic.