Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Can you IMPORT Players (Not Franchise) into 17? (/forums/showthread.php?t=903463)

RicoLaguna 02-24-2017 01:28 PM

Can you IMPORT Players (Not Franchise) into 17?

Curious about MLB 17. I found out you need to upgrade to MLB 16 to import into MLB 17 but what does that mean? Only full franchises?

I want to know if I can just import my CREATED PLAYERS from 16 into 17 then dump them into a NEW MLB 17 Franchise. This way I dont have to start from scratch recreating some fictional players. I want to basically just take some freshly Created MLB 16 players and move them over to 17 and then start a 17 Franchise and dump them on teams

Can I do?

zippy2212 02-24-2017 01:40 PM

Re: Can you IMPORT Players (Not Franchise) into 17?

Basically what you would need to do is start a franchise with roster control on with your players in it. Rent or buy 16, import your franchise. Buy 17 import the franchise again. Then you can export your players out of that franchise and import them in a new 17 franchise.

As of now that's the only way you can do it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Operation Sports mobile app

RicoLaguna 02-24-2017 02:24 PM

Thanks...have you tested this going from 15 to 16??

I just want to make sure it works before I go out and buy 16. The only reason I would buy 16 is just to be able to eventually get my 25 created players from MLB 15 into MLB 17 and start a new Franchise in MLB 17 with all the real MLB players with their most recent stats

Archie56 02-24-2017 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RicoLaguna (Post 2048713099)
Thanks...have you tested this going from 15 to 16??

I just want to make sure it works before I go out and buy 16. The only reason I would buy 16 is just to be able to eventually get my 25 created players from MLB 15 into MLB 17 and start a new Franchise in MLB 17 with all the real MLB players with their most recent stats

Go buy it preowned from Gamestop, and then return it within 7 days after importing your players.

RicoLaguna 02-24-2017 05:30 PM

THANKS thats a good idea.....I cant believe they didnt make it importable from previous versions before MLB 16. It makes no sense...what about all those people who have older versions of the game?

Imagine if Microsoft Office did that using the same philosophy?...people would go ballistic

RicoLaguna 02-24-2017 11:02 PM

Ok so I have a question now....

I just picked up MLB 16

So I started MLB 16 and was able to COntinue my MLB 15 Franchise when prompted to started a New Franchise.
That worked and I now have the 15 Franchise in MLB 16, but I cant figure out how to actually open up the 15 roster that is in the Franchise save to actually Export certain players into a NEW MLB 16 Franchise

DO you know exactly how to do it?....I cant figure out how to actually get to the MLB 15 Roster in MLB 16 to edit it. I only have the Franchise save from 15 in the game

any advice would be helpful....you sure you did this?

zippy2212 02-24-2017 11:23 PM

Do you have your players in a roster file on 15 or did you create them inside your franchise? If you created them inside your franchise the only way you can export them is if you started the franchise with Roster Control On. If you have them in a roster file re-read my post from above.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Operation Sports mobile app

RicoLaguna 02-25-2017 12:21 PM

Zippy, thanks for your help.....I guess Im still struggling with this because I have been trying to do what you suggested.

I actually even went back into MLB 15 recreated a new test Franchise with a new test created player was able to manage the MLB 15 Roster and add that created player to roster and start the franchise with the created player...that worked

I then went into MLB 15, Continue Franchise from 15 feature and I am able to see the same franchise with the test created player....that works

But I am failing at figuring out how to Export that player I created from 15 ( that is now in MLB 16 on my continued Franchise) and bring him into a new Roster File for MLB 16 to start a fresh new franchise. there is no option to go into the imported Franchise Roster file in the MLB master screen.

What could I being doing wrong?....is there any more advice you could provide maybe step by step on how to do this?.....I have all the created players in MLB15 and I can start from scratch with creating a new franchise in 15 just to make it work if its possible

I dont care about the Franchise, I just want to bring over all my created players somehow and dump them into one of the new Operation Sports Spring Training Rosters in MLB 16.

any assistance you or anyone else can provide would be appreciated...thanks