Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Something Happened to My Game... (/forums/showthread.php?t=904326)

magic247 03-09-2017 08:49 PM

Something Happened to My Game...

Guys, I purchased NBA 2K17 after a 3 year hiatus because of Coach Mode removal. After hearing there was a trick to Coach Mode in My Career, I picked the game up two weeks ago.

About a week in of mainly playing player lock offline Play Now, all of a sudden the player models began moving very weird and defenders weren't able to lock in on their man. Plays aren't able to materialize fully because the AI thinks they should "break the play" since defenders can't lock on them.

Here's what I've done to try and remedy the matter: Use a brand new controller, clean the disc, redownload the game, clear the cache, clear the Blu Ray cache, unplug the Kinect, delete all settings and play on default, use default rosters, and prayer. Nothing has worked!

Help!

FixEverything2k 03-10-2017 01:45 AM

Re: Something Happened to My Game...

Quote:

Originally Posted by magic247 (Post 2048731056)
About a week in of mainly playing player lock offline Play Now, all of a sudden the player models began moving very weird and defenders weren't able to lock in on their man. Plays aren't able to materialize fully because the AI thinks they should "break the play" since defenders can't lock on them.

Sounds like 2k to me :zzz:

Do you have a video of the players moving 'funny'?

sudanmalkovich 03-10-2017 04:19 PM

Dung happens, man..
Usual 2K stuff.

magic247 03-10-2017 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FixEverything2k (Post 2048731411)
Sounds like 2k to me :zzz:

Do you have a video of the players moving 'funny'?

Sorry about the Standard Definition.

https://youtu.be/MnJA12GulDM

FixEverything2k 03-10-2017 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magic247 (Post 2048732782)
Sorry about the Standard Definition.

https://youtu.be/MnJA12GulDM

Honestly looks like regular 2k to me.

Plays always break when I play player locked so I usually lock on as the point guard so i can dictate most of what happens.

If it's not already on HOF though try putting it on HOF if you want CPU defenders to stay in front of their man. Even then this still looks like a regular 2k17 play to me.

magic247 03-10-2017 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FixEverything2k (Post 2048732820)
Honestly looks like regular 2k to me.

Plays always break when I play player locked so I usually lock on as the point guard so i can dictate most of what happens.

If it's not already on HOF though try putting it on HOF if you want CPU defenders to stay in front of their man. Even then this still looks like a regular 2k17 play to me.

Really? I mean that was all CPU v CPU. I was guarding someone else using player lock not even on the screen. My gams played a lot better out of the box.

FixEverything2k 03-11-2017 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magic247 (Post 2048732853)
Really? I mean that was all CPU v CPU. I was guarding someone else using player lock not even on the screen. My gams played a lot better out of the box.

Yeah my players have been moving like this since around patch 4 or 6 I forget. Maybe your game just finished downloading all the patches?

This really looks like a regular 2k sequence to me.

magic247 03-12-2017 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FixEverything2k (Post 2048733526)
Yeah my players have been moving like this since around patch 4 or 6 I forget. Maybe your game just finished downloading all the patches?

This really looks like a regular 2k sequence to me.

Update: Yesterday I got a new game and that did nothing to alleviate my troubles. That left me with only one conclusion...something was fishy with my 2K profile...

I made a new hotmail account and Wala... game played much more consistent with what I expected. I then switched back to my regular 2K account and the "rubberband effect" of players' momentum carrying them too far was back in action. I'm now trying to figure out what I can do to get my 2K account back to normal. I already wiped my Xbox One Harddrive, so it's something "online" that needs adjusted. Any ideas?

I can't believe this isn't more common of an issue, although it took me a week just to get that My Player scorecard off my screen, so maybe I'm just out of touch.