Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Does difficulty setting affect Practice mode? (/forums/showthread.php?t=90491)

jmarks2001 07-30-2004 09:15 AM

Does difficulty setting affect Practice mode?

I've spent hours practicing a handful of passing plays in scrimmage mode. I'm able to read the coverage and throw to the appropriate receiver for a completion 60%-70% of the time in practice mode. Take the same plays into a real game against the same defense and that drops to about 40% (and usually for less yardage too). It just seems like in practice my receivers get open easier, and I have ALOT more time to throw the ball, and No, I don't have Power Pocket turned on.

I've moved the difficulty slider around while in practice, but I can't really tell a difference between the different settings. Is practice/scrimmage stuck in Pro/Rookie regardless of what you're difficulty sliders are set to? Anyone else notice this?

baa7 07-30-2004 09:19 AM

Re: Does difficulty setting affect Practice mode?

No difference IMO if you’re playing Offense only. Set the Catch slider to 0, receivers Catch attributes to 0, and they'll still catch everything. Once you get the Defense in there, it becomes harder to complete throws, etc.

jmarks2001 07-30-2004 09:24 AM

I play with defense (in scrimmage) mode. I think its stuck on Pro which makes practicing much less effective than it should be.

baa7 07-30-2004 10:54 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
jmarks2001 said:
I play with defense (in scrimmage) mode. I think its stuck on Pro which makes practicing much less effective than it should be.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">
Here’s a thought – they programmed it to have a loose, practice feel just like real-life. That way, you’ve got to scramble to up your intensity once it’s game time for real – just like real life. Otherwise, season games would be a walk in the park if you’ve been practicing at that intensity level for any length of time.

Dice 07-30-2004 11:03 AM

You also have to remember that during a game fatigue plays a big part in player performance whereas in practice mode fatigue is not a factor.

Blzer 07-30-2004 11:20 AM

And so does the QB's confidence rating. It doesn't play a role in practice mode, but in games it does.