Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Blocked a Field Goal! (/forums/showthread.php?t=90497)

jujuhound 07-30-2004 10:20 AM

Blocked a Field Goal!

First time I have blocked a field goal in any game in a dog's age. I usually don't even try in most games, but I noticed I was getting pretty close bringing Deltha O'Neal around the end, so I actually tried to block kicks. Finally got one in game 14 of my season against the Bills. Kick was from the left hash mark about 35-40 yards out. I didn't do anything special, just timed it well and speed burst around the line and pressed Y.

This may be so easy that people are doing it all the time, but like I said I haven't done it in a video game in years.

GAMEC0CK2002 07-30-2004 10:26 AM

Re: Blocked a Field Goal!

I have yet to. Think i'm gonna insert 90+ speed guys on both sides now.

jujuhound 07-30-2004 10:31 AM

I didn't insert him in there. He was already in the field goal block. Now that I think about it, it's possible that it was Keiwan Ratliff, not Deltha O'Neal. Whichever guy is lined up on the end in the default Bengals field goal block formation. I'll have to check when I get home tonight.

eXperiment63 07-30-2004 10:54 AM

I have blocked a few, if you time it right, you can run through an open hole. Just pay attention and you should see holes start to open up. The next time they kick, choose a player near the last hole, and run through the hole when it opens again. If you don't time it perfectly, you don't get it. So far in this game I have blocked 1 FG and 2 PAT. I tried catching the field goal I blocked to run it back for a touchdown, but it landed just outside my reach. =/

golucky 07-30-2004 11:28 AM

I had one blocked online last night. It shocked the hell out of me! I haven't see on of those in ages.

t2mutch 07-30-2004 12:06 PM

I have blocked 3 FG's against my friend with Cousin on the Giants. The 2nd time, it bounced of one of my linemen's head and my friend picked it up and ran for a TD! That was the game winner. Maybe I should just let him kick from now on.