Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Legends in franchise mode... (/forums/showthread.php?t=905421)

RyanLeaf16 03-26-2017 10:20 PM

Legends in franchise mode...

I've been watching streams all weekend and I keep seeing an option for "Legends" in franchise mode before starting. Personally, I am considering this, as it would be nice to mix eras. However, I am concerned that by doing this, we may also get stacked rosters and see top rated players wasting away on the bench. With review copies out there, has anyone run a test to see what kind of impact having this option set to "on" might have on roster management?

ElroyJetson 03-26-2017 10:31 PM

Re: Legends in franchise mode...

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanLeaf16 (Post 2048753796)
I've been watching streams all weekend and I keep seeing an option for "Legends" in franchise mode before starting. Personally, I am considering this, as it would be nice to mix eras. However, I am concerned that by doing this, we may also get stacked rosters and see top rated players wasting away on the bench. With review copies out there, has anyone run a test to see what kind of impact having this option set to "on" might have on roster management?

If it is actually available to do this would be awesome , id like to have a few classic Yanks on my current squad [emoji1305][emoji1316]

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

RunRickyRun24 03-26-2017 10:59 PM

Speaking of legends ... can someone provide the list for this years legends?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

RyanLeaf16 03-26-2017 11:44 PM

It's definitely an option. I watched MoonlightSeami leave it on in a video, but, he didn't go in depth or simulate further to see what kind of impact it may have had on roster management by the AI. He was just making the video to show how you can complete quick missions for stubs rewards in franchise mode. One of the objectives is to sign a legend.

I just wish I knew what would happen down the line. They don't come cheap either. Joe Morgan wanted $30mil+ per year to sign. This brings up the other issue of all legends signing with only big market clubs.

BA2929 03-27-2017 03:56 PM

I'd love to know if you can do a fantasy draft in Franchise, but with Legends included.

I'd also like to know if you have to unlock the Legends to use them.

Vmascarello 03-27-2017 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BA2929 (Post 2048754845)
I'd love to know if you can do a fantasy draft in Franchise, but with Legends included.

I'd also like to know if you have to unlock the Legends to use them.

Yes you can do a Fantasy Draft with Legends. And No, you do not have to unlock them.

Mill did one on his stream Saturday.

ItAllFades 03-27-2017 04:37 PM

I play this game for realism. So, its yet another pointless thing I'll turn off and never use.

Dolenz 03-27-2017 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItAllFades (Post 2048754897)
I play this game for realism. So, its yet another pointless thing I'll turn off and never use.

Thanks for sharing.