Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=522)
-   -   #OSFM17 Operation Sports Full Minors 2017 Upcoming Releases (/forums/showthread.php?t=905578)

RidinDwnKingsley 03-28-2017 12:43 PM

#OSFM17 Operation Sports Full Minors 2017 Upcoming Releases

I wanted to give a specific guideline and guide for what will be included in the different planned versions of #OSFM 17. Please read carefully this should clear up many of the questions we are getting on the same subject.

#OSFM17 Opening Day Version 1:

As Knight did before I was involved and as we have done with OSFM in the past we will continue to do. The first version will be a fully playable, franchise ready version. It will feature all real prospects. Each organization will feature AAA and AA as close to accurate as possible along with prospects mixed in. A ball will feature injured players and lower level prospects. It will vary by organization how many prospects get in. The set will feature all top 100 MLB prospects and each teams too prospects. Some teams may have more prospects depending on what minor league organizations look like. Remember AAA and AA will be as close to real life as playable featuring minor leaguers.

This version will feature all real Free Agents and many equip edits and stance/motion updates. This will also feature face/body/hair touchups as well as any missing MLB players. Minor leaguers will feature total edits and rerates based off projections and updated from last year.

This version will not touch any SCEA ratings. This will be based off opening day rosters will all up to date transactions.

There will be an alternate version of this with less Free Agents including International free agents and also all Legends so that you can play #OSFM with legends which has been a big request.

This version will be tested and ready to play franchise with. This will be the first version released and will be released after the start of the real MLB season. NO release date info or timeline yet. I will release an updated completed % this weekend and let everyone know the progress. Progress updates will also be posted on Twitter @OSFMrosters all through the process.

#OSFM17 Version 2

This will feature up to date transactions and everything included in the opening day version.

This version will be out much later than the opening day version but will feature more face edits and extensive equipment edits as well. Equip edits will be done mostly by OS own Scott.

There will be no timetable on this version as it depends on how extensive we get with it.

Some questions that we have been asked:

Question-Which version should I use? Should I wait for V2?

Answer: it depends on you. Version 1 will have hundreds, maybe thousands of equip and face edits so its not going to be lacking any detail. Equip and gear can change on a player daily so its no exact science. It is the base from last years OSFM which had been edited and touched up many times over so its good... really good.

Question- why have a version 2?

Answer: Some people love to have up to date real equipment and gear. This will be a version that will be more for people who want to wait a month or maybe longer to start a franchise. Version 1 is for those who want to get in and start and play along with the real season. Version 1 in no way is "incomplete" or not a final version. As a matter of fact like we say every year I can say with 100% confidence that version 1 will be far and away more complete and better than ANY version we released last year.

Question-Which version do I use?

Answer: All of them, lol. I will be confident enough in version 1 to start a franchise with. Once the summer and the warmer weather hits and vacation starts people have less time to play so i like to start as soon as possible. I however will continue to work on future versions and will be confident enough to use any of them to play franchise with.

The beauty of OSFM is its all up to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

PhlliesPhan6 03-28-2017 01:54 PM

Re: #OSFM17 Operation Sports Full Minors 2017 Upcoming Releases

Quick question/clarification. Version 1 says up to date transactions. Is that updated to Opening Day or updated to the day that they are released? I can't remember how that worked in the past.

RidinDwnKingsley 03-28-2017 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhlliesPhan6 (Post 2048757338)
Quick question/clarification. Version 1 says up to date transactions. Is that updated to Opening Day or updated to the day that they are released? I can't remember how that worked in the past.

Should be opening day lineups but we will update minor league transactions because their opening day is later

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Caulfield 03-28-2017 02:16 PM

thanks for keeping us in the loop, much appreciated.

ShowTyme15 03-28-2017 02:16 PM

Heads up for some of you guys (thanks to Houston for checking on this) You can now give a player 14 letters on his last name now. So a guy like Joey Terdoslavich can now be spelled correctly.

sccavs64 03-28-2017 02:21 PM

Thank you guys for making a great game an AMAZING game. you guys kick booty. :freddy::freddy::freddy:

tarheelscf88 03-28-2017 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sccavs64 (Post 2048757422)
Thank you guys for making a great game an AMAZING game. you guys kick booty. :freddy::freddy::freddy:

Came here to echo this.

Thanks for all y'all do.

Scott 03-28-2017 02:38 PM

Also regarding the equipment, I'll be going off what the players wear at home.