Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Sounds Of The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=637)
-   -   In game sound is very low (/forums/showthread.php?t=905664)

Juzbee 03-28-2017 09:55 PM

In game sound is very low

Not sure if I have something set up wrong, or if this is a bug. I've found that all "in-game" sounds are REALLY low.. Even with the stadium announcer maxed, he can barely be heard. Same with sound effects and walk-up music, it's all very quiet. But when the music comes on for a commercial break (using default for now) it's blasting loud. Anyone else?

CujoMatty 03-28-2017 11:20 PM

Re: In game sound is very low

No mine has been great this year volume wise. Can you tell me your set up? Home theater sound? Headphones? Just thru the TV?

Juzbee 03-28-2017 11:52 PM

Hi Cujo, thanks for replying! I am using a Bose Companion 3 Series II multimedia speaker system (same as I use for my computer). Sorry I left that detail out of my original post. I used this setup for MLB 15 and 16, and it sounded great.

Right now, I've completed a game, and the jukebox music playing sounds great. Great bass, great highs. It's just once a game starts that things sound different. My batter walk-up music (other than being very quiet) is almost completely devoid of bass. There also was a bit of an irregularity during a game. I paused for approximately 30 minutes while I was taking a phone call, and when I returned the sounds were a bit louder for an inning or so, but then faded back down. I have the audio set to "Stereo/TV" as I have in the past versions. I played around with some of the other options, but couldn't find much improvement.

CujoMatty 03-29-2017 12:11 AM

I had same issue last year on my high end home theater last year. I don't game on it usually so i'm not sure if it is the same this year for me but i'd guess probably. Last year it was one of the modes on my home theater that I switched and found something that worked but unfortunately I dont remember which exactly. I'd suggest messing with the different surround sound features on your Bose. If the commercial breaks are super loud but everything else isn't I dont think the ingame volume sliders will help you. The ingame pre sets maybe but I still don't think that will do anything. Did you try the 5.1/7.1 setting? that might work but I doubt it. The sound between commercials that's really loud is that coming from the middle speaker?

Juzbee 03-29-2017 01:04 AM

I have a Left/Right/Sub setup.. All of the music and other sounds are coming from all 3, interestingly. I recall while playing MLB 16 the sounds were more "directional", i.e., if the ball was caught on the left side of the screen, the sound of the ball hitting the mitt would be on the left. Hmm... I will see if I can change the speaker settings themselves.

Shakedowncapo 03-29-2017 01:46 AM

I noticed turning music reverb off (in the options) made things sound a little more clear. Not sure that would fix the issue, but its worth a shot.

You can also get lower game sounds when in a party chat. When I'm in one, I have the slider on the PS4 set to 'party sounds', moreso than 'game sounds' and that lowers the sound of the actual game itself.

lowlighthabit 03-29-2017 01:41 PM

My sound has no issues whatsoever. Running through my TV or my 7.1 stereo. All in game music is perfect, menu music the same.

Juzbee 03-29-2017 09:09 PM

I guess is was partly my speakers. I hooked up some old speakers, and was able to get all the audio volumes set so everything can be heard. Unfortunately, although it sounds okay, it doesn't sound as good as MLB 15 and 16 did. Kinda bummed, I loved my bose speakers.