Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   The scouting system is not integrated at all with AI roster management (/forums/showthread.php?t=905894)

vrtkolman 03-30-2017 05:17 PM

The scouting system is not integrated at all with AI roster management

Explain this to me. I will draft a gem in the 5th round who is rated about 78. He will proceed to sit behind my starter for the entire year and accumulate no stats. Next year, the CPU is offering me a 3rd and 4th round pick for him. Why the heck did they not just draft him last year??? It's so unrealistic because there is no way they should be able to tell if he's actually good or not.

If the CPU has access to their overall rating, why don't they take advantage of this when drafting? This is just bizarre AI and really shows a breakdown of the scouting system.

mjd113 03-30-2017 05:22 PM

Re: The scouting system is not integrated at all with AI roster management

Quote:

Originally Posted by vrtkolman (Post 2048763031)
Explain this to me. I will draft a gem in the 5th round who is rated about 78. He will proceed to sit behind my starter for the entire year and accumulate no stats. Next year, the CPU is offering me a 3rd and 4th round pick for him. Why the heck did they not just draft him last year??? It's so unrealistic because there is no way they should be able to tell if he's actually good or not.

If the CPU has access to their overall rating, why don't they take advantage of this when drafting? This is just bizarre AI and really shows a breakdown of the scouting system.

I don't think the CPU even scouts.

They draft based mostly on the original player ranking. With some exceptions.

It's why most people don't scout when doing Sim CFM because it's too easy to find the gems and draft them half a round early.

vrtkolman 03-30-2017 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjd113 (Post 2048763041)

It's why most people don't scout when doing Sim CFM because it's too easy to find the gems and draft them half a round early.

I definitely see the need for house rules. This still just destroys the AI's ability to field a competent team when they are drafting clear as day busts in the 1st round instead of that 4th rounder who is obviously a good player based on his combine and skills. I would rather they just prioritize overall rating over draft position and force you to design your own big board.

mjd113 03-30-2017 05:27 PM

I'm more annoyed with the fact that teams will draft multiple QBs high when they have a young mid 20s QB that's an 82 ovr with quick development.

Alex the Great 03-30-2017 07:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjd113 (Post 2048763051)
I'm more annoyed with the fact that teams will draft multiple QBs high when they have a young mid 20s QB that's an 82 ovr with quick development.

Yeah the CPU definitely doesn't scout. If you're in an online league and a user joins a previously CPU team they won't have anyone scouted. How they think this is a good idea is beyond me.

Also I think the drafting multiple players at a position issue is caused by the draftees not being added to the team until after the draft is over. So to the CPU it looks like they haven't drafted a QB yet. I've seen them go two straight QBs in the first two rounds before.

vrtkolman 03-30-2017 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex the Great (Post 2048763333)
Yeah the CPU definitely doesn't scout. If you're in an online league and a user joins a previously CPU team they won't have anyone scouted. How they think this is a good idea is beyond me.

Also I think the drafting multiple players at a position issue is caused by the draftees not being added to the team until after the draft is over. So to the CPU it looks like they haven't drafted a QB yet. I've seen them go two straight QBs in the first two rounds before.

I think you are right, however I do see gems go up to a full half round earlier than they are projected to. I think the CPU uses a combination of overall rating of the player with a ceiling of when they can first take them. It's obviously still a bad system.

ajra21 04-02-2017 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vrtkolman (Post 2048763031)

what is the rating of the vet playing ahead of your 78 OVR “gem”?

and yes, trades are frequently odd in madden.

ajra21 04-02-2017 04:45 PM

Quote:

the CPU does scout supposedly.

drafting is too easy which is why i make it harder with use rules.