Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Five Tips to Improve Your Hitting in MLB The Show 17 (/forums/showthread.php?t=907039)

RaychelSnr 04-11-2017 04:28 PM

Five Tips to Improve Your Hitting in MLB The Show 17

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/epGStIpWP_0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There comes a point in every MLB The Show player's life where hitting just clicks. Unfortunately, that time usually comes a couple of months after you've already owned the game. To help expedite that process, here are five tips to help you become a better hitter in MLB The Show 17.

Read More - Five Tips to Improve Your Hitting in MLB The Show 17

bcruise 04-11-2017 04:59 PM

Re: Five Tips to Improve Your Hitting in MLB The Show 17

Nice advice here. Would like to add one thing to working counts. I find that playing the "Discipline" batting practice mode really helps train my batter's eye. The way it works is that a pitcher will throw his entire repertoire inside and outside of the strike zone, and your goal is to put strikes in play. This can train you to do two things.

1)You'll see a wide variety of pitches, so you can focus on identifying how a corner strike differs coming out of the pitcher's hand than a deep strike - and in the beginning at least, you'll want to lay off the corner ones. Don't worry about your score while you're doing this.

2) The point of the mode itself is essentially to train the two-strike approach to hitting - you must cover the plate or you'll "strike out" looking, but at the same time, you don't want to be chasing balls. You'll need to be able to do this to score well in the mode. Swinging at balls penalizes your score no matter what, while fouling off strikes with solid contact will result in a retry.

jeffy777 04-11-2017 05:10 PM

Good stuff. Additionally, I think finding the hitting cam that works best for you is one of the most important keys to improving your hitting.

Datninja619 04-11-2017 05:10 PM

All great tips from me! Especially working the count.

Coming from someone that has never played a baseball game on current gen or last gen consoles, using the dynamic difficulty was a HUGE help. I like a challenge, but I didn't know how drastic the difference is. For example, in Madden the hardest difficulty and second hardest are night an day. CPU "cheats" on the hardest.

I found my comfort difficulty is either rookie or veteran, depending on my hot streak.

Also, I didn't know Zone was the harder of the batting types. I do like the satisfaction of feeling like I placed the bat perfectly on the ball to get a homer.

Datninja619 04-11-2017 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffy777 (Post 2048786653)
Good stuff. Additionally, I think finding the hitting cam that works best for you is one of the most important keys to improving your hitting.

What's another good cam? I quickly cycled through and I just like the way the stadium looks in fish eye

bcruise 04-11-2017 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Datninja619 (Post 2048786669)
What's another good cam? I quickly cycled through and I just like the way the stadium looks in fish eye

Fisheye is my personal favorite. Great aesthetics, plus I still get a good view of the strikezone and can judge high/low pitches a little better.

A lot of people use strikezone because of how large the ball appears, but personally I can't because I can't judge low pitches without being able to see home plate.

jeffy777 04-11-2017 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Datninja619 (Post 2048786669)

I really like the way Fish Eye looks, but I find I hit much better using The Show 16 cam.

Battman 04-11-2017 05:52 PM

Big Fan of the Strike Zone cam here. I only tend to zoom it out a little to be able to judge especially the low balls better. I need the close can to be able to judge the slow balls better. Otherwise I am always early on those curveballs and changeups.