Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=502)
-   -   Anyone play MyTeam just for Single player? (/forums/showthread.php?t=907967)

BBallcoach 04-26-2017 11:00 AM

Anyone play MyTeam just for Single player?

Does anyone else play MyTeam just for the single player experience? I always wait until around playoff time to really dig into myteam because;

1. I refuse to spend money on a mode and you can get super cheap but good cards.

2. Playing H2H online (especially on PC where I play) just isn't fun in 2k.

But I love the challenges and the domination modes. I also like trying to build the best team I can with no money spent on VC. Right now since we got the free 75k from twitch, my squad has Diamond Van Exel, Ruby Powell, Ruby Joe Johnson, Beast Ruby Jabari Parker and Ruby Willie Caulie Stein. And now I am in the middle of finding quality gold or cheap emerald players to work out my bench to about 9 deep or so then use silver and bronze for the last 4 spots.

So is there anyone else that just likes casually playing myteam SP?

848 04-26-2017 11:51 AM

Re: Anyone play MyTeam just for Single player?

Thats me as well. I don't have PS+ so I don't play online. I've beat all the Dominations and challenges so all I have left is waiting for the new weekly challenges every friday.

I know the mode is more online based, but I wish they would expand the vs CPU areas to allow for more replay value. I was playing this mode SO MUCH until I finished domination, now there's not much else I can do.

BBallcoach 04-26-2017 11:55 AM

Exactly! If they had more stuff like Madden does it in it's UT mode for Single player. Madden's single player UT stuff is so deep it's great. I wish all these modes were this deep. I would also like all these modes to take a note from the show and not use contracts.

isdatyt 04-26-2017 01:52 PM

If there was a better stream of content, I probably would. Like Madden has like 1,000 challenges throughout the year. 2K has had maybe 200? And better challenges. I want to play full games against good teams, like the moments challenges where you play the best versions of each team with their updated cards. I'd like to play those more often.

BellSKA 04-26-2017 02:43 PM

I'm at about a 95/ 5 ratio. I'll jump on Blacktop about once a week or maybe for a night, but I'm mostly in it for weekly challenges, domination, and Moments Challenges. I also like playing my friends teams and messing around with different lineups. I enjoy seeing what it would look like if this role player was matched up with this star.

I've said this before, but I'd like to see more tiers to Domination and Historic Domination. More cards would be nice, but I'd like to see more mini in-game challenges. Let's say you prestige up past Historic Domination. You start Domination back up and have to get 8 Assists with 1 player for 1K MT. Just a thought.

flumphboy 04-26-2017 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BellSKA (Post 2048810111)
I'm at about a 95/ 5 ratio. I'll jump on Blacktop about once a week or maybe for a night, but I'm mostly in it for weekly challenges, domination, and Moments Challenges. I also like playing my friends teams and messing around with different lineups. I enjoy seeing what it would look like if this role player was matched up with this star.

Same here, 95/5. I do play mto but it's just so broken that its not even fun. Even if im winning it feels so unrealistic, i'll usually end up feeling bad for my opponent. I honestly haven't played one mto game this year that felt satisfying.

caffeinater 04-27-2017 05:04 PM

I play almost exclusively offline. I started MT at the all-star break (sapphire PG13 locker code ftw) and have only played about 10 blacktop matches, and no MTO. Although I'm only about halfway through Historic Domination because I spend the vast majority of my time working the auction house. I enjoy the team building aspect and the challenge of "beating the system" by building a killer team without spending cash. My ultimate goal is to complete whatever upcoming collection gives MJ as the reward.

Hustle Westbrook 04-27-2017 06:29 PM

If they upped the difficulty to Superstar or Hall of Fame, so I could get a bigger challenge and the difficulty modifier then I would. Playing the brain dead AI on Pro and All-Star has to be the most boring thing ever.