Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   Temporary Ban For "Rage" Quitters? (/forums/showthread.php?t=908027)

GrimLeiper 04-27-2017 10:55 AM

Temporary Ban For "Rage" Quitters?

I don't mind the occasional one... but it happens so often it starts to become frustrating.

Used to happen on Rocket League, if anyone's ever played that, but they introduced a 15 minute ban for matchmaking.

Would this ever be considered?

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Operation Sports mobile app

zeric 04-27-2017 11:10 AM

Re: Temporary Ban For "Rage" Quitters?

I think it would be cool. It is beyond annoying when people quit after losing by sub and they dont wait 3 seconds so it ends up counting as a ko win instead. People will claim "i dont want to waste time in between matches" but that is false because half the time you quit a match it sends you to main menu while the game "determines an outcome your match"

Id really enjoy a punishment for these types of guys but expect pushback from certain people here on OS

CUnit3234 04-27-2017 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeric (Post 2048811323)
I think it would be cool. It is beyond annoying when people quit after losing by sub and they dont wait 3 seconds so it ends up counting as a ko win instead. People will claim "i dont want to waste time in between matches" but that is false because half the time you quit a match it sends you to main menu while the game "determines an outcome your match"

Id really enjoy a punishment for these types of guys but expect pushback from certain people here on OS

A win is a win. Doesn't bother me. If the opponent wants to be a b*tch, so be it.

zeric 04-27-2017 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CUnit3234 (Post 2048811350)
A win is a win. Doesn't bother me. If the opponent wants to be a b*tch, so be it.

Nice. I pursue sub wins. And i as it is now i have 42% of my ranked wins by sub. If it weren't for the rage quits it would be well over 50%. I'm glad you aren't bothered by it but i find it quite annoying.

Haz____ 04-27-2017 01:50 PM

Drives me crazy when I get a super sweet KO, and the Opp quits out so I don't get to see the replay.

On the other side of the fence, I'll often just quit out if the match is super laggy, because it's just not fun/ worth it to play those hard lagging games. It would suck to get a temp ban because I didn't wanna deal with a laggy fight.

TheShizNo1 04-27-2017 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeric (Post 2048811414)
Nice. I pursue sub wins. And i as it is now i have 42% of my ranked wins by sub. If it weren't for the rage quits it would be well over 50%. I'm glad you aren't bothered by it but i find it quite annoying.

But even with the penalty for quitting, it still wouldn't impact your sub win %.

Dave_S 04-27-2017 01:53 PM

When I have quit in the past it normally wasn't ever because of rage. When I rage I want to win, lol.

It's weird, I have quit because of laggy match and my opponent refused to finish me. It happened twice in a period of an hour or so and I did get a temporary ban. I don't remember how long it was.

It really confused me, because I see people with high quit rates. P

Maybe I was hallucinated and didn't get a temporary ban, but I'm pretty sure it happened months ago.

Haz____ 04-27-2017 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheShizNo1 (Post 2048811525)
But even with the penalty for quitting, it still wouldn't impact your sub win %.

It would discourage people from quitting, which in turns means less people quitting out of submissions, which in turn increases his Sub %.