Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Is it that hard to code in AI to sub out when in foul trouble? (/forums/showthread.php?t=908396)

DreamAgain 05-03-2017 05:59 PM

Is it that hard to code in AI to sub out when in foul trouble?

It's like a catch 22. If I turn fouls up to get realistic FT results, players will foul out before the first half.. and if I don't then nobody ever goes to the FT line.

Seriously, Nuggets left Jokic in entire first quarter with 3 fouls.. then he had 5 fouls by midway second quarter and not once did they take him out. When in reality he would have gone out after the second foul lol

CaseIH 05-03-2017 11:22 PM

Re: Is it that hard to code in AI to sub out when in foul trouble?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamAgain (Post 2048820132)
It's like a catch 22. If I turn fouls up to get realistic FT results, players will foul out before the first half.. and if I don't then nobody ever goes to the FT line.

Seriously, Nuggets left Jokic in entire first quarter with 3 fouls.. then he had 5 fouls by midway second quarter and not once did they take him out. When in reality he would have gone out after the second foul lol

Dont know what happened, but they screwed this up a few years ago, and they have yet to fix it. They use to do this part very well, but its probably been atleast 3 or 4 yr since this has been broken.

That and the fact that they dont give the CPU team back a timeout after halftime are 2 issues, that better be fixed, before I ever buy another NBA2k game. The TO issue for the CPU has been broke now for 2 yr, and the subbing guys out in foul trouble has been broken for several years now.

nova91 05-05-2017 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamAgain (Post 2048820132)

It's sad because basic stuff like this is so far beyond the realm of possibility for 2K is ridiculous. 2K is subpar in so many basic aspects and a lot of 2K fans don't seem to care. Be it fouls, fatigue, effectiveness etc 2Ks AI doesn't manage any situation effectively.

sudanmalkovich 05-05-2017 03:35 AM

maybe it's very hard for them.

Levistick 05-05-2017 09:22 AM

No it's not hard, it seems like it's every other year they get it right, and the in between years they mess it up.

DreamAgain 05-05-2017 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sudanmalkovich (Post 2048822015)
maybe it's very hard for them.

You'd think it wouldn't be that hard. Just a series of simple "If X then Y" type of script lines.

itsmb8 05-06-2017 03:49 AM

Why should 2K care? Fouls and timeouts arent in mypark....

Yes, this post is sarcastic. But really 2K is always good IMO, but they can improve in so many areas.

keshunleon 05-06-2017 09:38 AM

I've noticed if bump sensitivity is low they call more fouls.

I played the GSW and I kept getting by Curry on screens and dribble moves and he fouled me a lot. He was in foul trouble the entire game with 5 fouls by mid 3rd.

The CPU didn't sub him out at all and there were about 2/3 other times he should've been called for a foul but wasn't.

They were killing me by 20+ no sub out and fouled out early in the 4th. He already had 29 pts but after the game he finished with 36 pts because of the stats sim in my league (which is another issue).

I think the game uses sliding and unrealistic recovery speeds to help the CPU defend but with fouls adjusted they get more fouls called which is more realistic IMO.