Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   AI bullpen usage (/forums/showthread.php?t=909071)

gp005 05-15-2017 09:13 AM

AI bullpen usage

just played a 3 game series vs Nationals and me playing as braves in yr 2 of franchise.....
in all 3 game CPU used exact same pen (hitting got real easy lol), while all games had different scenarios being played out....the trend stays the same in sim games aswell...
i've been playing the show for years and for some reason this year im not enjoying it as much... when i see a teams play 30 games (franchise) and RP's appearing in 22 of them all across the league while closers and set-up men not even appearing in 10 ball games, it becomes a big downer for me. other than this, its a great game

i know last year SDS patched in new Bullpen logic, i hope this year they can do the same

dougdeuce 05-15-2017 11:32 AM

Re: AI bullpen usage

I see this a lot as well.

In fact, my SP in RTTS is relieved by the same pitcher in every single outing. Every time I get pulled it's one pitcher with the exception of me being pulled to start the 9th in a save situation.

gp005 05-15-2017 12:22 PM

i hear you,, the game becomes repetitive..

its too bad cause otherwise its the best version of the show, hands down!

gp005 05-15-2017 12:24 PM

i've yet to see a closer come in the 9th to keep the game close in a 1 or 2 run game... same with set-up guys

squashbuggie 05-15-2017 09:34 PM

I suggest that you label the closer as "RP" and have 2-LRP's and no set-up men. have your top four RP's in the MRP slots and you will see better sim stats. you need to chop LRP stamina to no more than 25. however, they will still over-use and you need to QM parts of game to get real stats.
"

gp005 05-16-2017 10:36 AM

its the QM for 30 teams i dont want to get in to... i dont recall it being this off last year ( when betances and andrew miller appear in only 6 games out of 30) thats a deal breaker for me.... i already do 30 team and keep track of injuries and line up, etc.. with this its getting too much "managing", id like to play the game too lol

Bullit 05-16-2017 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gp005 (Post 2048837318)
its the QM for 30 teams i dont want to get in to... i dont recall it being this off last year ( when betances and andrew miller appear in only 6 games out of 30) thats a deal breaker for me.... i already do 30 team and keep track of injuries and line up, etc.. with this its getting too much "managing", id like to play the game too lol

Which is exactly why I have gone back to '16. While I am not saying that '17 is bad. '16 plays so much better with a whole lot less effort. I don't have to chase sliders, make adjustments every game and situation. I just get to play and have fun.

JayD 05-16-2017 10:55 AM

Another thing to note about the AI bullpen management is that the CPU never sets their relievers to "ready & waiting". What happens is that their relievers will warm up for 3 plus innings which eventually will start to eat away at their energy. What you have to do is keep an eye on the CPU bullpen and once their relievers are fully warm you then must switch over to their team and manually set them as "ready & waiting". If you do not do this you'll see them put in a reliever with 1/4 energy. This doesn't require 30 team control. Armor & Sword helped to identify the issue and find an easy yet annoying fix.