Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   I shouldn't ask.... (/forums/showthread.php?t=909907)

Marz929 06-03-2017 08:47 PM

I shouldn't ask....

By any chance, has there been talks of a last patch? Or possibly a small patch to fix minor mistakes?....I know I shouldn't ask, they have done so much...but these things seem easy enough to fix in one, final patch.

A. Rocket Bunts.
B. Players retiring by 35-37 (a little annoying.), not that it is uncommon, but every season, there are a lot of players 35-37 that retire...many had good seasons prior.
C. Sending one runner when trying to steal.

This game is awesome...I found that after the last patch, my games have been EXTREMELY realistic in almost every way. I am having a blast, and if these things were to get patched, I'd be the happiest consumer ever. I have never been so pleased with a company like SDS. EA needs to take notes. This is how you listen to a community.

Caulfield 06-04-2017 07:19 AM

Re: I shouldn't ask....

Its just early June and the last patch for 16 came out late September so I wouldnt be surprised if there were still at least 2 patches to come. now what those patches would address I couldnt say.

oilersfan99 06-04-2017 10:10 AM

Rockets bunts are annoying and should be fixed and I can't speak much on the franchise stuff as I don't play it at all but what is the problem with the stealing?

When I have first and third, I steal quite a bit with the guy on first and the guy on 3rd never moves so I'm not sure why people have a problem with it. All I do is hold my controller left stick to the right, dead right or anything else will be a problem and hit the l2 button and then once that is released, I just let go of the button and he steals. The only time both go is if I'm not pushing dead right. Maybe it's a case of it being too sensitive up and down.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Rocket32 06-04-2017 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marz929 (Post 2048858250)
By any chance, has there been talks of a last patch? Or possibly a small patch to fix minor mistakes?....I know I shouldn't ask, they have done so much...but these things seem easy enough to fix in one, final patch.

A. Rocket Bunts.
B. Players retiring by 35-37 (a little annoying.), not that it is uncommon, but every season, there are a lot of players 35-37 that retire...many had good seasons prior.
C. Sending one runner when trying to steal.

This game is awesome...I found that after the last patch, my games have been EXTREMELY realistic in almost every way. I am having a blast, and if these things were to get patched, I'd be the happiest consumer ever. I have never been so pleased with a company like SDS. EA needs to take notes. This is how you listen to a community.

Pretty sure B. isn't anything new that needs to be fixed. I believe it's been like that in the game forever now. Until the insane regression for older players gets tuned down I'm not sure that's exactly a bad thing. If they don't retire during that age range they'll likely be forced out of the league because no one will sign them due to their ratings ending up so diminished. For example, for multiple years now guys like RA Dickey and Bartolo Colon regress so much over one season that their made useless by the end of season 1. I'm sure theirs plenty more but those 2 stand out to me the most at the moment. Think Beltran is another example.

Sure some players fall off rapidly irl but the number of older players it happens to in this game is just plain unrealistic. The rapid regression for older players is something that needs to be adjusted before they worry about making players retire at later ages and play longer in my opinion.

Caulfield 06-04-2017 10:59 AM

I think the problem with regression and retiring (and by extension, progression) is due to the fact only half the minor league system and a partial draft is represented. Throws everything out of whack. giving the end-user control over who's allowed to retire could solve that without having to double the amount of players in the minors. I just dont think thats likely to be done with a patch though.

GoDucks1224 06-05-2017 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocket32 (Post 2048858578)
Pretty sure B. isn't anything new that needs to be fixed. I believe it's been like that in the game forever now. Until the insane regression for older players gets tuned down I'm not sure that's exactly a bad thing. If they don't retire during that age range they'll likely be forced out of the league because no one will sign them due to their ratings ending up so diminished. For example, for multiple years now guys like RA Dickey and Bartolo Colon regress so much over one season that their made useless by the end of season 1. I'm sure theirs plenty more but those 2 stand out to me the most at the moment. Think Beltran is another example.

Sure some players fall off rapidly irl but the number of older players it happens to in this game is just plain unrealistic. The rapid regression for older players is something that needs to be adjusted before they worry about making players retire at later ages and play longer in my opinion.

This. So much this. I understand some players fall off hard. But here are a lot of baseball players, particularly pitchers, who pitch well into their late 30's or even into their 40's (Colon and Dickey per your examples) so I don't understand why they regress SOOO rapidly. They are down by 30 points overall by the end of the first season. My solution has been editing them. I monitor the entire leagues veterans and if anyone has massive regression that isn't regressing in real life, I edit them back up once a month (in game). But this is time consuming, and is part of why I only play one franchise a season.