Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden NFL 18 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic) (/forums/showthread.php?t=910271)

Steve_OS 06-12-2017 10:16 AM

Madden NFL 18 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MnuxVNNNNuU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SimFBallCritic has posted his latest interview with Madden NFL 18 Creative Director, Rex Dickson. They cover...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.

T4VERTS 06-12-2017 10:21 AM

Re: Madden NFL 18 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic)

Rex explains what is happening with CFM, basically it comes down to this year is a year to get the footing on the tech side. He mentions implementing the ability to push live content to CFM. While people will look at the "live commentary updates" and think it isn't big, he points out it the technology used that provides opportunities down the road. Imagine them being able to push in draft classes post draft next year? He also talks about bringing in other "tech" in that will allows for more stuff down the line.

Obviously, many will be mad they don't have it now but building the structure behind CFM is an important part of long term development. He reminds everyone once again he loves CFM, it isn't going anywhere, and it is a key part to their strategy. Also throws out 65% of their user base are CFM, so that was cool to hear.

JayD 06-12-2017 10:25 AM

With the inclusion of coach adjustments, 3 game types, the ability to tune those game types separately, off ball injuries, defensive assignments, tuned regression and I'm sure a lot of other small adjustments I'm excited for CFM. I knew that the majority of their crew would be working on implementing Frostbite and creating Longshot so I'm not upset at all. Madden has a very bright future.

Steve_OS 06-12-2017 10:28 AM

Title updates will feature new animations, including touchdown celebrations seen during the season. That's dope.

Gosens6 06-12-2017 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 2048868207)
With the inclusion of coach adjustments, 3 game types, the ability to tune those game types separately, off ball injuries, defensive assignments, tuned regression and I'm sure a lot of other small adjustments I'm excited for CFM. I knew that the majority of their crew would be working on implementing Frostbite and creating Longshot so I'm not upset at all. Madden has a very bright future.

I'm also optimistic about the future of CFM right now. I think 17 had a solid foundation and if they've improved on it with regression fixes, coach adjustments and everything else, I think Madden 19 will come hard with CFM improvements and features.

A lot of franchise guys will be upset about this, but I'm looking at what they're trying to do with this Frostbite engine, and how dedicated they SEEM to be to at least trying to deliver a solid CFM, I'll give them until Madden 19 to wow me.

This year, improve on what you did last year, don't introduce any new gamebreaking bugs, and I'll be satisfied. Especially if the on the field gameplay is top notch, because in the end, we can all be happy with that.

Cowboy008 06-12-2017 10:30 AM

It is disappointing to hear nothing was really added to CFM. Still need to know more about the Live commentary updates because if they are just going to talk about stuff that's happening in the real NFL season and I'm in year 2021 it will be kind of useless. Do we know if they have just improved the AI roster management?

Toupal 06-12-2017 10:39 AM

A summary of what I hear.... "Story Mode killed franchise mode this year."

roadman 06-12-2017 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toupal (Post 2048868228)
A summary of what I hear.... "Story Mode killed franchise mode this year."

And Frostbyte..

Draft board is another little addition that adds up.