Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Wow Can we talk about the weather?! (/forums/showthread.php?t=910381)

Cleveland2Sarasota 06-14-2017 04:59 PM

Wow Can we talk about the weather?!

I cant believe I just noticed this but....

The weather is sooooo unrealistic in this game. I'm in JULY and its mid 40s almost every game in Cleveland. Highs temps are maxing out at like 75 degrees.

What gives? Not that it really matters but its one of those annoying little things that bugs me.

squashbuggie 06-14-2017 05:49 PM

maybe it is global cooling .... is Al Gore to blame for this ?

TheWarmWind 06-14-2017 06:13 PM

Re: Wow Can we talk about the weather?!

yeah made a post about this in the wishlist. I "seriously" (not seriously) think SDS just takes the daily averages from San Diego and applies them to the teams with a +/- based on how far north they are.

Completely unrealistic and one of my biggest pet peeves in this game. Really wish we could just set our own game time temp like we can with the cloud cover.

kehlis 06-14-2017 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWarmWind (Post 2048872039)
yeah made a post about this in the wishlist. I seriously think SDS just takes the daily averages from San Diego and applies them to the teams with a +/- based on how far north they are.

That would be pretty easy to confirm/denounce if you wanted to try to.

TheWarmWind 06-14-2017 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kehlis (Post 2048872047)
That would be pretty easy to confirm/denounce if you wanted to try to.

I may be being slightly fictitious. Sometimes I forget that tone doesn't come across when you write something out. Apologies. Was just venting.

Cleveland2Sarasota 06-14-2017 06:57 PM

No way is that true... average highs in San Diego in July are 75. Average high for Cleveland in July is 83.

Just saw your new post... I thought you were being serious for a second lol.

PPerfect_CJ 06-15-2017 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cleveland2Sarasota (Post 2048871947)
I cant believe I just noticed this but....

The weather is sooooo unrealistic in this game. I'm in JULY and its mid 40s almost every game in Cleveland. Highs temps are maxing out at like 75 degrees.

What gives? Not that it really matters but its one of those annoying little things that bugs me.

But, I thought that it DOES matter, this year. Am I miss-remembering, or didn't they say that temps would affect how far the ball traveled on hits?

a bit outside 06-15-2017 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ (Post 2048872990)
But, I thought that it DOES matter, this year. Am I miss-remembering, or didn't they say that temps would affect how far the ball traveled on hits?

Yes they did.