Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   NCAA had a tiny detail I wish Madden would expand upon (/forums/showthread.php?t=910522)

adembroski 06-18-2017 11:49 AM

NCAA had a tiny detail I wish Madden would expand upon

Game previews.

I know everyone else wants post-game shows and stuff, I think I'd rather have some kind of pregame feature that creates that anticipation we feel going into Sunday morning in real life.

NCAA had a game preview screen you could view when you were looking at the schedule. Back when it had a 3 man booth, both of the color guys would predict who they thought would win. Then the matchup screen would compare major stats and ratings.

It was a small thing that I'd really like to see heavily expanded, both in presentation (perhaps a pregame show or article with predictions and opinions) and practical (matchup concerns, an expanded opposing game prep screen) terms.

Anyways, I know, basically a wishlist type of post, but it hit me this morning when I saw a "5 things you need to know for Sunday" article on 49ers Webzone that reminded me of all the like articles we see heading into a regular season game.

illwill10 06-18-2017 01:08 PM

Re: NCAA had a tiny detail I wish Madden would expand upon

I agree. I think one of the things that NCAA was able to do(that Madden hasn't been able too) was to create a college atmosphere. Mascots, School Chants, Home Field Advantage, Game Previews, and Fight Songs. It felt like a Saturday when you played. That's one thing, I feel Madden hasn't been able to do was make games not feel like exhibition games.

adembroski 06-18-2017 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illwill10 (Post 2048875545)
I agree. I think one of the things that NCAA was able to do(that Madden hasn't been able too) was to create a college atmosphere. Mascots, School Chants, Home Field Advantage, Game Previews, and Fight Songs. It felt like a Saturday when you played. That's one thing, I feel Madden hasn't been able to do was make games not feel like exhibition games.

I'd be pretty upset if Madden succeeded in creating a college atmosphere.:P

illwill10 06-18-2017 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adembroski (Post 2048875553)
I'd be pretty upset if Madden succeeded in creating a college atmosphere.:P

Lol I know when writing college atmosphere that I would get that response.

What do you think would be needed in creating a NFL atmosphere in Madden?
But I think it would be harder for them to creating a NFL atmosphere opposed to NCAA creating a college atmosphere. Pre/Post game and half-time show would be needed. Home-field Advantage like what NCAA did

adembroski 06-18-2017 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illwill10 (Post 2048875566)
Lol I know when writing college atmosphere that I would get that response.

What do you think would be needed in creating a NFL atmosphere in Madden?
But I think it would be harder for them to creating a NFL atmosphere opposed to NCAA creating a college atmosphere. Pre/Post game and half-time show would be needed. Home-field Advantage like what NCAA did

I think it's about the build up and in-game follow up to that. The little commentary details like pointing out that you focused on goalline defense in practice when you pull off a goalline stop is a good start.

Having a network style pregame show that highlights critical matchups and following that up with in-game spotlights would take that a step further.

Expand that with long term rivalries. Tony Boselli vs. Jason Taylor, Rice vs. Deion, follow that throughout careers.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app

Haze88 06-18-2017 08:04 PM

As a fantasy drafter the other plus would be the impact players in the loading screen along with stats and injuries pregame. Just so I can get a better idea what I am up against

jmurphy31 06-18-2017 08:23 PM

I said something similar a few years ago, but I was talking about loading screens in NCAA. They would should key players stats for both teams, historical records in the two teams match ups along with other stats. I'd much rather see this stuff then my xp goals in madden. It would add so much to the immersion factor than I need my WR to get 5 catches today get xp points.

On a side note, not a huge xp guy anyway.

TTD71 06-19-2017 08:18 AM

How to create an "NFL atmosphere"?

Easy...just allow in game coin gambling up to 10K per regular season game, 25K per playoff game and 100 K per Super Bowl. The NFL is the country's primary gambling delivery device and point of entry...ignoring that fact because it makes some NFL owners queasy does not make it less true...