Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden 18 CFM Interview with Clint Oldenburg(Sports Gamers Online) (/forums/showthread.php?t=910527)

jfsolo 06-18-2017 12:46 PM

Madden 18 CFM Interview with Clint Oldenburg(Sports Gamers Online)

Nothing really new, but I like the straight forward style of the Q&A here. The best thing that I heard was that Anthony White was/is working on CPU A.I. That dude knows his stuff.

<a href="<iframe width=" 560"="" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0BmniwiTP9k?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="">">
<a href="<iframe width=" 560"="" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0BmniwiTP9k?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0BmniwiTP9k?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

adembroski 06-18-2017 12:57 PM

Re: Madden 18 CFM Interview with Clint Oldenburg(Sports Gamers Online)

Some of the best stories I heard at EA was Anthony White's meetings with John Madden, how they'd get into minutia nobody else could understand. He knows football. I wish he were in more of a design position rather than production, but it's where he wants to be, where he likes to be, and he's probably the only guy there qualified to do what he does.

Some of my best memories of EA were sitting with Anthony BSing about football for hours. At one point it was proposed by someone that he and I do a weekly podcast, but it never really progressed.

Cowboy008 06-18-2017 01:06 PM

Since we now have off ball injuries if they just make the CPU A.I better when it comes to setting depth chart, drafting, and free agency then I will be perfectly happy with CFM this year.

adembroski 06-18-2017 01:14 PM

I think I'm going to do some old MaddenMania style CFM labbing and see if I can't find ways to improve the mode.

If I get data on what the draft classes really look like, compare to the main roster, I can come up with ways to unify them better, improve progression, play with the team options to see how they effect AI. Maybe I'll do a Madden Manifesto 2018:)

If anyone wants to help out, PM me.

Brooklynbks4 06-18-2017 01:59 PM

Madden 18 CFM Interview with Clint Oldenburg(Sports Gamers Online)

Auto subs worked on that's good info with off ball injures , tram tendencies , new playbooks !!can't wait . Still want more but cfm is coming to where we want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reyes the roof 06-18-2017 02:30 PM

I regards to the playbooks, I'd like to see them give the defensive playbooks some attention and actually scale them back so that every playbook doesn't have basically the same plays. The formations might be different for every playbook, but every playbook seems to have the same coverages and blitzes

Americas Team 06-18-2017 02:31 PM

Blaming no pro bowl on the current gen hardware, really? If anything it's the software technology their using.

Brooklynbks4 06-18-2017 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Americas Team (Post 2048875597)
Blaming no pro bowl on the current gen hardware, really? If anything it's the software technology their using.

How do you know? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk