Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   do you think nfl 2k5 will be abailable in the xbox one backwards compatibility? (/forums/showthread.php?t=910726)

ajcanobatiz 06-22-2017 07:25 PM

do you think nfl 2k5 will be abailable in the xbox one backwards compatibility?

now that og Xbox games will be playable on Xbox one, do you think 2k5 will be one of them?

GlennN 06-23-2017 10:29 AM

Re: do you think nfl 2k5 will be abailable in the xbox one backwards compatibility?

I am not sure they legally could. Given EA's exclusive license with the NFL, making 2k5 "available" on the XB1 would probably trigger legal action. I doubt it would be worth the risk to Microsoft.

mercalnd 06-23-2017 11:12 AM

Re: do you think nfl 2k5 will be abailable in the xbox one backwards compatibility?

Well they did make it BC available on 360 which was also after EA had the exclusive so there may be hope there.

jarod43 06-25-2017 08:21 AM

I certainly hope so, especially since it was backwards compatible with the 360.

eXperiment63 08-08-2017 10:16 PM

I really hope they pull the trigger. Could even load game saves via USB stick if they allowed it as a memory card. I would be giddy like a school girl if I got to play updated 2k5/2k4 on my X1.

I only wish they allowed online play for backwards compatible games. :/

mestevo 08-09-2017 11:51 AM

I don't think this is possible due to licensing. The emulator isn't just being adjusted to allow for this game, the games themselves require additional development work (think they're put in an emulation-compatible wrapper, which is why putting a disc in requires the game to them be downloaded), which is where licensing prevents things from moving forward.

eXperiment63 08-09-2017 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mestevo (Post 2048935987)
I don't think this is possible due to licensing. The emulator isn't just being adjusted to allow for this game, the games themselves require additional development work (think they're put in an emulation-compatible wrapper, which is why putting a disc in requires the game to them be downloaded), which is where licensing prevents things from moving forward.

The EA exclusive license was in full effect when they became BC on the 360. If take two wants to do it, they can. They could even run servers for online play if they wanted. They wouldn't, even if they do make it compatible, as it would simply be a loss for them for as long as they're up.

Kevin82485 09-06-2017 12:45 AM

It will never happen. It's a licensing nightmare with the players, NFL, individual teams, ESPN, in game sponsorships, music, and D-list celebrities in The Crib. All these licenses have an expiration date and they have already expired.