Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Will 2k Release Legends pics??? (/forums/showthread.php?t=912456)

hokupguy 08-11-2017 01:40 PM

Re: Will 2k Release Legends pics???

Quote:

Originally Posted by World1 (Post 2048940516)
Nah they confirmed they didn't take classic teams off and they confirmed 16 new classic teams

Yeah just saw it. Today has been a good day.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

World1 08-11-2017 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hokupguy (Post 2048940592)
Yeah just saw it. Today has been a good day.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

Crazy good day for those of us that love classic players/teams

This news made me pre-order

fileman3 08-11-2017 01:42 PM

Now im salivating for pics or vids of legends now lol

packers122787 08-11-2017 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveberg (Post 2048928671)
I gave up with even trying to entertain the fact legends would get any love. The cyberface improvements weren't enough for me to keep 2k17 - all the legends felt totally generic, absolutely zero signature celebrations or moves to differentiate them from standard players. Didn't help that they took out the copious amounts of custom dribble moves that were in '16 - they may have been canned, but at least I could make players 'feel' individual with their own moves.

I don't hold any hope for this years game either. I think the time of focusing on legends died with 2k12.

I'll more than likely stick with 2k16 again unless we get any positive news.

I have the same sentiment, Hoping todays news is legit

daveberg 08-11-2017 09:15 PM

I may have to eat my words if 2k comes up big with the new teams.......that tinge of excitement is back after nearly 2 years!!!

LeBronistheKing 08-11-2017 09:32 PM

daveberg don't know if you remember me, but I was always posting in the attention to detail in the Jordan Challenge thread back when 2k11 was coming out and posted quite a bit during the build up to the new Classic Teams in 2k16 in the Will MJ look like MJ thread.

Anyway, we need a new attention to detail in the All time teams thread to flood once again with reference pics and videos. I would like to think that the 2kdevs watch those threads and that our efforts make a difference in the final product. I know for a fact Mike Wang frequented the Attention to detail in the Jordan Challenge thread and I personally spoke with him on messenger on this site once regarding feedback for 2k11 and some suggestions I made in that thread prior to launch. Maybe another thread like that would force their hand and be beneficial to them as well. Obviously the art team is capable of producing some very quality classic teams player models (2k17 Rodman, Kerr, Robinson, Pippen, Ewing, Bill Russell and Mark Price are all stellar examples that have great likenesses and look comparable to the current player models in the game.) Hopefully they continue that trend and even keep those player models but just in higher resolution for 2k18.

daveberg 08-12-2017 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeBronistheKing (Post 2048941610)
daveberg don't know if you remember me, but I was always posting in the attention to detail in the Jordan Challenge thread back when 2k11 was coming out and posted quite a bit during the build up to the new Classic Teams in 2k16 in the Will MJ look like MJ thread.

Anyway, we need a new attention to detail in the All time teams thread to flood once again with reference pics and videos. I would like to think that the 2kdevs watch those threads and that our efforts make a difference in the final product. I know for a fact Mike Wang frequented the Attention to detail in the Jordan Challenge thread and I personally spoke with him on messenger on this site once regarding feedback for 2k11 and some suggestions I made in that thread prior to launch. Maybe another thread like that would force their hand and be beneficial to them as well. Obviously the art team is capable of producing some very quality classic teams player models (2k17 Rodman, Kerr, Robinson, Pippen, Ewing, Bill Russell and Mark Price are all stellar examples that have great likenesses and look comparable to the current player models in the game.) Hopefully they continue that trend and even keep those player models but just in higher resolution for 2k18.

Of course I remember you man, love talking to all my legends guys this time of the year!

I'm 100% with you. Perhaps we should hit up a new thread basically covering all legend accessories and signature elements etc......

LeBronistheKing 08-12-2017 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveberg (Post 2048942167)
Of course I remember you man, love talking to all my legends guys this time of the year!

I'm 100% with you. Perhaps we should hit up a new thread basically covering all legend accessories and signature elements etc......

Likewise. One of my favorite times of year, coming on here talking 2k leading up to release. Especially when there is retro content to talk and get hyped about. 16 new classic teams and 30 all time teams is certainly some retro content to talk and get hyped about. My concern now, is as always attention to detail, aesthetics and signature playstyles and animations. Obviously accesories being correct are important but at least they are editable. Player likenesses bodytypes and signature style (expressions, animations, movement, dunk packages, layup packages) are even more important. Especially now with the All time teams, the potential for great gameplay is huge if the accuracy and attention to detail is on point. Imagine all time Bulls vs all time Heat

Pg-2011 Derrick Rose
Sg- 1996 Michael Jordan
Sf- 1996 Scottie Pippen
Pf- 1996 Dennis Rodman
C- 2011 Joakim Noah or maybe 1991 Bill Cartwright

Pg- 1997 Tim Hardaway
Sg- 2006 Dwyane Wade
Sf- 2012 LeBron James
Pf- 2012 Chris Bosh
C- 2005 Shaquile O Neal

Or think of Orlando's team

Pg- 1995 Anfernee Hardaway
Sg- 1995 Dennis Scott
Sf- 2005 Tracy McGrady
Pf- 2009 Dwight Howard
C- 1995 Shaquile O Neal

I mean just thinking about those matchups with specific prime versions of those players with the correct look for the year represented and correct signature style and attributes and ratings is enough to say that this could be special. Then you add in 16 new classic teams...wow