Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Will 2k Release Legends pics??? (/forums/showthread.php?t=912456)

psydefx 08-05-2017 09:19 AM

Re: Will 2k Release Legends pics???

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerlong (Post 2048930130)
Honestly, I'm really hoping they don't waste time and resources on Legends, or inactive players... NBA 2k18 should be for NBA 2017-18 season, and they should put all the efforts on improving the active players and League... I'd prefer they improve let's say the 500 active players, and use the system sources on them... I mean, I don't like to waste my system sources on inactive players, I don't want to download 20gb of files I don't even use... This should be optional when you download the game, as far as the Online modes of the game should be optional... I don't play online, I don't like it, so I should have the option to NOT download the online features of the game.... The same with the "Legends"... Please 2K Team, just very good 500 active players, and maybe a very good Player Creator, so people who want to play with let's say Shaq, can create him and be happy with him and his '92 Magic...

get lost, rich, entitled child.

gerlong 08-05-2017 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psydefx (Post 2048930207)
get lost, rich, entitled child.

what do you mean?

PeacemanNOT 08-05-2017 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PippenFan (Post 2048930159)
Eh honestly like the real model better.

Okay bud, don't know what the hell you see in that obvious copy pasted face from last gen but sure. :waytogo:

GisherJohn24 08-05-2017 10:59 AM

Some faces look better on previous gen consoles. Will someone explain how that's possible. Shaq, Jordan, Isiah, Dumars, and so on, how did they get downgraded?? Although there are exceptions , Rodmans face looked amazing in 17. Why do they limit themselves with this technology ?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

PleadtheFoe5th 08-05-2017 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FixEverything2k (Post 2048928528)
I feel like unless they know they fixed the body types for sure we won't see Shaq.

With shaq being on the cover I really hope they made him look right this time around.... but we will see

daveberg 08-05-2017 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerlong (Post 2048930130)
Honestly, I'm really hoping they don't waste time and resources on Legends, or inactive players... NBA 2k18 should be for NBA 2017-18 season, and they should put all the efforts on improving the active players and League... I'd prefer they improve let's say the 500 active players, and use the system sources on them... I mean, I don't like to waste my system sources on inactive players, I don't want to download 20gb of files I don't even use... This should be optional when you download the game, as far as the Online modes of the game should be optional... I don't play online, I don't like it, so I should have the option to NOT download the online features of the game.... The same with the "Legends"... Please 2K Team, just very good 500 active players, and maybe a very good Player Creator, so people who want to play with let's say Shaq, can create him and be happy with him and his '92 Magic...

And what about those of us who could care less about today's NBA players and only buy the game for classic teams? Should 2k give US an option so we don't have to download the current teams and save 'Sytem sources'........:34:

The classic teams have a huge following and are a sought after part of the game, if you don't like them - just don't use them.

I think it's about time THIS classic thread below returned for its yearly debate:

http://forums.operationsports.com/fo...e-mj-year.html

midwestking100 08-05-2017 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PippenFan (Post 2048930156)
Hopefully 2k actually makes more models this year with the right accessories. Like when I pick the 2000 Portland trailblazers Scottie Pippen he should actually have the headband in the game, etc.

and also they need to let us put headbands on whoever we want again.

And Scottie did not have a high top while he played for the blazers. His hairstyle was a natural at the time.

VDusen04 08-05-2017 12:40 PM

A few other examples of improvements we saw in 2K17 (and hopefully a sign of continued attention to classics moving forth):

In addition, one of my biggest gripes with classic teams has been the current gen lighting of the pre-2000's arenas. I'm usually not a huge stickler for lighting but so many classic games in 2K17 felt like unusually bleak affairs. It was too severe not to notice.

Using most 1990's classic arenas felt like I was playing in Dream Mode, where the court existed but everything else just drifted off into nothingness. It was almost like two teams broke into the gym at night and wanted to remain discreet so they only turned on two lights.

The graininess of the first comparison makes it a little tougher to tell, but in real life you could at least verify that humans were sitting courtside all the way through the upper deck:

In 2K, they disappear into the void after about seven rows:

Here's a more obvious example. Again, I'm usually not a lighting guy but it's so dark in those 2K17 classic arenas that I usually can't help but have the immersion broken for me:

To REALLY hammer this point home, here's three stages of the 1986 Boston Garden - real life, 2K12, and 2K17:

Real Life:

2K12:

2K17: