Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Are you guys still enjoying this game. only talking about true espn fans (/forums/showthread.php?t=91249)

Postman17 08-08-2004 04:07 PM

Are you guys still enjoying this game. only talking about true espn fans

It seems like alot of ppl are jumping ship. I for one think the game is great.

Heelfan71 08-08-2004 04:11 PM

Re: Are you guys still enjoying this game. only talking about true espn fans

best FB game I have ever played !!!!!

irondudez 08-08-2004 04:11 PM

i still play 3-4 hours a day

taylor34 08-08-2004 04:13 PM

I still love it. Reminds me of some sort of 2k3/2k4 crossbreed. Almost through with season #1.

Taylor34

spankdatazz22 08-08-2004 04:17 PM

I'm enjoying it VERY much; still seeing new things that I have yet to have seen previously. I don't think there are a bunch of people "jumping ship" necessarily - the fact is Madden's gonna be a great game that gives you a bit of a different experience. I wasn't interested in Madden at first, but I'm anxious to see if this "great AI" hype is all that it's being cracked up to be. Because in the videos I see, I just can't get past the lack of good player interaction in the game. And IMO the visuals take away from the game. There are just too many one-on-one tackles where the defender never touches the ground.

When I play ESPN, the gang tackles, presentation and player interaction just makes it FEEL like football. But I'm going to give Madden an honest chance also. It seems they dedicated most of the development to strengthening the AI in the game.

Venom_2K 08-08-2004 04:19 PM

I still love playing a single game, but that's all.

Meaning no franchise for me anymore when Madden comes out. I'm not bashing espn in the least. They've done a whole lot to make this a very good game (some people would say a great game) but to me, they didn't do the one thing a lot of us love, concerate on franchise mode.

Dallasin2K3 08-08-2004 04:34 PM

I like this game a lot. I think a lot of the "jumping ship" are people who are just getting warm feet to Madden - but it will have it's good and bad points, just like any other game. As far as this game on its own, I think it rocks. Custom stadium music, halftime and postgame highlights (wow), kickass presentation/SC, unbelievable graphics and hit system... Lovin' it.

grunt 08-08-2004 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Postman17
It seems like alot of ppl are jumping ship. I for one think the game is great.

Naw, the best football game ever. I will buy madden but different things are important to different people. I am feeling the franchise mode. I will say it again that the weekly prep is the most innovative option ever in a sports game. The tackling and blocking is the best for any football game and yes I am making that on watching game film of Madden 2005.

I dont think people are jumping ship. ESPN gamers are playing the game.