Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Dynasty Spreadsheets (/forums/showthread.php?t=912719)

huskerfan01 08-09-2017 11:41 AM

Dynasty Spreadsheets

Hey Guys,

I've seen this thread before, but it's not active so might as well start a new one. Who all uses a spreadsheet to keep track of their dynasty? I just built a new one so if anyone needs a template, let me know. Also, if you post links I can go ahead and update this OP and get you guys some views on them.

Feedback would be appreciated to help out the community as much as you can! Also, I might go start a dynasty over on the specific forum for that but I'll keep you guys updated!

huskerfan01: Marshall Thundering Herd

AKEjcl41 08-09-2017 11:55 AM

Re: Dynasty Spreadsheets

I'll take a look at one!! I use a spreadsheet to keep track of my recruiting, and dynasty but not very detailed on the dynasty...I'd like to see what you got...

#GBR baby!!!!!!!!!!!

whughes 08-09-2017 11:59 AM

I've been using Jello's for around 15 seasons now across 2 dynasties and I love it.m

FarFromEer 08-09-2017 03:44 PM

Here's mine. I'm in the middle of starting my dynasty over (again), so it reflects a previous dynasty setup.

My spreadsheet began as a way to speed up recruiting, but grew into a much bigger ordeal. I use Skulletor's DB editor's File->Dump Tables to quickly export all of the dynasty tables, then use the import feature of Excel to populate the spreadsheets in the Data Builders folder. From there, it's copy and paste into the RecruIQ spreadsheet.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...21DSFhjRjJYdEU

Hellisan 08-09-2017 10:32 PM

I use several, but they're a mess and I should probably coalesce them.

I noticed your recruiting rules. I totally agree with the liberal allowance of recruiting 3-star guys for 2-star and up. They screwed up and 3-star is largely 2-star players, like half of it. The 2-star pool is WAY too small. For this reason I divided the 3-stars essentially in half every year and fibbed about 2-star/3star to some extent. Just random thought you didn't ask for.

Heyuimintojsus 08-10-2017 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huskerfan01 (Post 2048935962)
Hey Guys,

I've seen this thread before, but it's not active so might as well start a new one. Who all uses a spreadsheet to keep track of their dynasty? I just built a new one so if anyone needs a template, let me know. Also, if you post links I can go ahead and update this OP and get you guys some views on them.

Feedback would be appreciated to help out the community as much as you can! Also, I might go start a dynasty over on the specific forum for that but I'll keep you guys updated!

huskerfan01: Marshall Thundering Herd

Interesting. Looks like a lot of busy work? How does the random.org thing work?

huskerfan01 08-10-2017 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKEjcl41 (Post 2048935996)
I'll take a look at one!! I use a spreadsheet to keep track of my recruiting, and dynasty but not very detailed on the dynasty...I'd like to see what you got...

#GBR baby!!!!!!!!!!!

Gonna be an interesting year with new system on D and new QB.

Quote:

Originally Posted by whughes (Post 2048935998)
I've been using Jello's for around 15 seasons now across 2 dynasties and I love it.m

Mind sharing it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfeenathan (Post 2048936538)
Here's mine. I'm in the middle of starting my dynasty over (again), so it reflects a previous dynasty setup.

My spreadsheet began as a way to speed up recruiting, but grew into a much bigger ordeal. I use Skulletor's DB editor's File->Dump Tables to quickly export all of the dynasty tables, then use the import feature of Excel to populate the spreadsheets in the Data Builders folder. From there, it's copy and paste into the RecruIQ spreadsheet.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...21DSFhjRjJYdEU

I have Mac so I can't use the editor. Looks good though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellisan (Post 2048937394)
I use several, but they're a mess and I should probably coalesce them.

I noticed your recruiting rules. I totally agree with the liberal allowance of recruiting 3-star guys for 2-star and up. They screwed up and 3-star is largely 2-star players, like half of it. The 2-star pool is WAY too small. For this reason I divided the 3-stars essentially in half every year and fibbed about 2-star/3star to some extent. Just random thought you didn't ask for.

Yeah it gives it more of a challenge. If it's Week 8 and you have about 1000 points to spend, you can target a 5* that's about a 14-16% lock and still get him despite not even being in Top 10.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heyuimintojsus (Post 2048938202)
Interesting. Looks like a lot of busy work? How does the random.org thing work?

Eh. It's nice to keep track of everything and see how it all plays out over my entire dynasty. Random.org just chooses a team for you.

Mattyspence503 08-10-2017 08:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ive made a few for various dynasty trackers over the years, the NCAA one and my NHL one are the most used.

Attached is my current NCAA Dynasty