Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA Live (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   this is why the Brick wall screens are a Joke (/forums/showthread.php?t=912974)

Ownal0t 08-12-2017 02:06 PM

this is why the Brick wall screens are a Joke

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7zrDWn9bryo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HOW WOULD THIS EVER HAPPEN.

Yes TT in this game is stronger than KD ( a 90 vs a 76 in strength) but KD is Taller and Heavier than TT.....

idigfoo9 08-13-2017 03:47 PM

Re: this is why the Brick wall screens are a Joke

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ownal0t (Post 2048942548)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7zrDWn9bryo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HOW WOULD THIS EVER HAPPEN.

Yes TT in this game is stronger than KD ( a 90 vs a 76 in strength) but KD is Taller and Heavier than TT.....

I mean if say KD didn't have all of his weight on one side and didn't see it coming then yeah it could happen. How often did it happen in this game you were playing?

Rockie_Fresh88 08-13-2017 03:48 PM

Idk why these games keep implementing this over powered brick wall

thedream2k16 08-13-2017 05:08 PM

larger and stonger opponent sets screen and defender slips and falls. thats basketball and happens in NBA all the time. uou wanted a simulation game and EA tried hard to give it. the term "brickwall" isnt needed

Rockie_Fresh88 08-13-2017 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedream2k16 (Post 2048944043)
larger and stonger opponent sets screen and defender slips and falls. thats basketball and happens in NBA all the time. uou wanted a simulation game and EA tried hard to give it. the term "brickwall" isnt needed

Do nba players really fall to the ground that often? I can imagine this being like 2K17 in park .

Vinsanity115 08-13-2017 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedream2k16 (Post 2048944043)

My thoughts exactly.

I don't understand why people get so up in arms over single possessions. If anything, that's great there is some randomness that can open things up and not have every possession equate to the same exact thing. Brickwall stuff absolutely happens in real basketball, dudes will eat it occasionally getting hit by a surprise screen or just lose balance.

It's not that common either in the game. I think I've had about 5 games in a row with no such thing happen..if it does, that's GREAT, I enjoy a bit of a the unexpected. It's definitely not OP.

Rockie_Fresh88 08-14-2017 12:16 PM

Seriously how often are NBA players face planted into the ground off screens .

Ea does call some screens in this game Brickwall. It's literally a skill badge under Rim Protector. just hope it's not as bad as Hall of Fame brick wall. If not then fine. If so that's BS and not sim at all.

I pretty much know how to force people to fall using screens and I don't even have brick wall as a trait . I try not to abuse it .

oneHova 08-14-2017 12:33 PM

That looked like a realistic NBA player flop off of a screen to me...