Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden NFL 18 is available via EA Access. Post Your Impressions Here!!! (/forums/showthread.php?t=913241)

N51_rob 08-16-2017 03:24 PM

Madden NFL 18 is available via EA Access. Post Your Impressions Here!!!

Standard Impressions thread rules apply. Have fun and happy gaming!

**Reminder that according to the devs there is a patch coming on the 22nd and so this is not the day 1 version of the game yet **

johnnyg713 08-16-2017 03:40 PM

Re: Madden NFL 18 is avialable via EA Access. Post Your Impressions Here!!!

I guess I'll post an EARLY impression to start it off. I'm talking not even 10 minutes of playtime on SIM. Figure I'll throw people a bone who don't have a chance to play.

(Disclaimer, I played probably 2 games of Madden 17 with a buddy of mine. I own Madden 16 and enjoyed it for the most part.)

First thing I noticed was player movement and game speed. Speed feels much slower and running locomotion feels great. People may actually not enjoy the game speed, but I think its perfect.

There is a HUGE difference when controlling faster guys. I played with the Pats, and running with Dion Lewis felt very quick and responsive, while playing with gronk was much different. However gronk still felt athletic for his size. Surprisingly, running with edelman actually felt different than running with Lewis. It was very refreshing to feel such a variance. Again very very early impression with barely any play time but it was great to feel the difference in each player.

I will be back later for more breakdowns but first thing I noticed was how different each player felt. Well done in this department by EA.

Gotmadskillzson 08-16-2017 04:51 PM

First Impression - Sim - All Pro

Bears rookie went 10 for 10 in the 1st half against me as the Cardinals. CPU LOVESSSSSSS to throw the ball DEEP and is way successful at it too. For some reason their WRs always seem to be WIDE OPEN. Offensive line is suspect. Got sacked on a play that I shouldn't have gotten sacked on because the left tackle just let a DB run right passed him. Left tackle didn't even try to block him. I noticed one of my guard did that too on a different pass play I was sacked on.

CPU stripped my RB behind the line. Running game seem to be like it was last year BEFORE EA started patching the game and nerfed running. But yeah anyway, the CPU is highly aggressively, I was down 28 to 0 by halftime, Bears basically did an air show on me.

Zones are suspect, very suspect. Safeties let players run passed them and don't even pursue. Going to play another game.

jmurphy31 08-16-2017 05:07 PM

Played. Simulation All Pro vs the jets (I was the Patriots).

Mcown passed pretty easily against me as well. But I was able to win 21-13 as I held them to fgs inside the red zone. As some one else mentioned the CPU those it deep a lot and they are pretty successful.

I did have a play where Gilmore tipped the ball on a deep pass it shot 30 yards into the air and and McCourty made a diving interception. Seemed a little unrealistic.

Passing with Brady to Gronk over the middle was as easy as last year.

Had 4 total penalties. Holding, facemask, false start and DPI.

Mcown, cpu qb, had 1 statue sack, but actually shook it off then threw an incompletion, 1 scramble where he could of kept running but threw it once he got to the LOS. And one scramble for 10 yards and a first down.

Cut scenes in the beginning of the game (intro through tunnels) seemed awful. Like choppy. Just a scene then a cut to another, no fade in or blend to next scene. Just looked cheaply done.

Running felt different. Not sure how to explain it. But only ran a few times

Playbooks are different. Couldn't find hb counter or toss in twins I set package.

Also they had a HB toss play (don't remember that from last year). By the way Lewis threw a dud pass out of it.

Gorilla Glass 08-16-2017 05:08 PM

A,quick run down

I've played two games on simulation All-pro- Redskins Vs Packs

Zone defense - Is crazy. I see why they nerfed it. Players will peel and bait you, wait you out. Everyone is Deion Sanders. It's crazy.

Pass rush is relentless. They stay after you while you figure out zone lol

I've thrown 3 picks and they weren't pretty.

The QB scrambles a lot. They don't just sif there. Rodgers and Hudley got on their wheels and were still looking to complete passes.

Graphics are A lot cleaner. Players are sharp. The game looks good overall. I popped back in M17 and it was blurry in comparison.

The first game I got the brake fluid beat out of me 24-0
Second game was a little better 24-21

Overall it's very satisfying

BleedGreen710 08-16-2017 05:10 PM

pastapadre on twitter posted this

UtahUtes32 08-16-2017 05:11 PM

15 min quarters. Rams (me) vs 49ers.

They jumped up 28-7 on me by the 2nd quarter.

I won 45-38, it was a crazy game...

Average ypp
7.6 49ers (52)
6.5 Rams (78)

Gotmadskillzson 08-16-2017 05:34 PM

Zone and man defense is suspect for the USER team. I have had instances where the defender don't even move and the WR or TE just run freely down the field wide open for a deep pass. Also noticed CBs can and will be burnt quite often. One that WR get that step on them, it's a wrap for a deep pass.

CPU try to strip or hit stick you often. Cover the ball or you will fumble quite a bit. Seem like the deep posts be wide open for the CPU quite a lot. Don't know what be happening to the safeties, but that play is money for the CPU.