Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden Cover Jinx on Today's (8/9) SportsCenter! (/forums/showthread.php?t=91327)

CapeCodKid 08-09-2004 09:11 AM

Madden Cover Jinx on Today's (8/9) SportsCenter!

We all realise this has been talked about before...

But, did anyone catch the segment on today's (8/9) SportsCenter on the Madden cover jinx?

Basically went through all the 4 previous cover guys (George, Culpepper, Faulk, Vick) and released their stats pre & post Madden cover.

Ray Lewis believes there is no curse and if there is one, he'll says it will not affect him.

We shall see...

Check out the piece, it's pretty good.

powhitetrash 08-09-2004 12:54 PM

Re: Madden Cover Jinx on Today's (8/9) SportsCenter!

Hope he has a bad season from the cover jinx same thing as the SI cover jinx

dereliched 08-09-2004 02:12 PM

it sounded like brian billick kinda believes in it. he said he would have rather had ray lewis not be on the cover. ray lewis says he doesn't believe it at all though. we'll see what happens

invurzion 08-09-2004 02:16 PM

Ray Lewis is a mad man...did you not see him pull the first down marker back in the commercial? The man will not suffer from the jinx - and besides - he is from THE U!

powhitetrash 08-09-2004 02:29 PM

U what?? DEW U?? lol

newsguy 08-09-2004 03:10 PM

Ray Lewis just called me and said he will stab the next person who talks about the curse on this thread.

DTX3 08-09-2004 03:53 PM

If you notice on SportsCenter, Ray Lewis was the one who intercepted the ball from the first coverboy Eddie George, makes me wanna think that Ray Lewis might end this curse.

CapeCodKid 08-09-2004 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newsguy
Ray Lewis just called me and said he will stab the next person who talks about the curse on this thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makaveli
If you notice on SportsCenter, Ray Lewis was the one who intercepted the ball from the first coverboy Eddie George, makes me wanna think that Ray Lewis might end this curse.

Ray Lewis is going to stab you.