Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden NFL 18: Initially It Seems A Step (But Not a Leap) Forward (/forums/showthread.php?t=913384)

Steve_OS 08-18-2017 10:53 AM

Madden NFL 18: Initially It Seems A Step (But Not a Leap) Forward

1 Attachment(s)

Though some who watched the first gameplay videos of Madden 18 may have been quick to dismiss...

Written By: Kevin Scott

Click here to view the article.

Kanobi 08-18-2017 02:15 PM

Visually, Madden 18 is very impressive. It's once everything starts moving that is the problem. At this point, on current gen hardware, there shouldn't be remants of player movement and interaction from previous gen versions of Madden, yet that remains the case.

I applaud the positive tone of the author. Madden 18 is improved over '17. No argument there. But the game...the series as a whole just isn't where it should be at this point in terms of the on-field product.

What good are the visual enhancements when the game still fails to form a realistic pocket around the QB or come remotely close to duplicating the war in the trenches. And tackling? Where is the sense of momentum, explosion and high impact?

Where's the reward for controlling Kam Chancellor only to deliver powder puff, wrap-up tackles instead of *bone- rattling, tone-setting hits?

The fact that there exist console football games that are now +10 years and one to two console generations old that DO/DID deliver these vital and requisite aspects of football should have Madden gamers *unified in demanding MUCH more from EA....and not accepting anything *less.

Toupal 08-18-2017 02:23 PM

Re: Madden NFL 18: Initially It Seems A Step (But Not a Leap) Forward

The only thing I care about improving right now is Franchise.

Franchise for Madden 17 was alright.

I expected more from Madden 18, and got nothing.

If they keep on taking these baby steps, we might get the madden we want by about Madden 2050.

seasprite 08-18-2017 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slim4824 (Post 2048954050)
Thank you for that constructive post. [emoji21]

Sent from my SM-N920R7 using Tapatalk

Tried to report it, but something isn't working with the report function. No place for filth like that here.

JayhawkerStL 08-18-2017 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanobi (Post 2048954030)
What good are the visual enhancements when the game still fails to form a realistic pocket around the QB or come remotely close to duplicating the war in the trenches. And tackling? Where is the sense of momentum, explosion and high impact?

Where's the reward for controlling Kam Chancellor only to deliver powder puff, wrap-up tackles instead of *bone- rattling, tone-setting hits?

The fact that there exist console football games that are now +10 years and one to two console generations old that DO/DID deliver these vital and requisite aspects of football should have Madden gamers *unified in demanding MUCH more from EA....and not accepting anything *less.

Are you actually playing the game? Because these two complaints don't seem valid to me at all. Pockets are not a problem. And they brought back a nice BOOM on big hits this year. It's different than before, but there is a deep bass thump when deliver one. I think that is the trade-off with the NFL. They don't want the bone crushing sound because of the CTE issue. But the new sound works just fine, providing that thumping feeling when you lay a good hit.

cheddabob7502 08-18-2017 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay D (Post 2048954067)
Are you actually playing the game? Because these two complaints don't seem valid to me at all. Pockets are not a problem. And they brought back a nice BOOM on big hits this year. It's different than before, but there is a deep bass thump when deliver one. I think that is the trade-off with the NFL. They don't want the bone crushing sound because of the CTE issue. But the new sound works just fine, providing that thumping feeling when you lay a good hit.

I concur with your statement. Hit stick depends on positioning this year. Hell i caught a pass with Carlos Hyde in the flats and (LOW AND BEHOLD) Kam chancellor knocked me off my feet and caused a fumble. Then a later on in the fourth he had an angle on my wr (goodwin) and i out ran him and no suction tackle like i was expecting.

So far 18 is an upgrade and quite fun to play so far. On sim anyway. Haven't tried H2H or arcade yet (waiting for release). I can actually tell the difference running with different skill positions than last year.

NFLBULLY84 08-18-2017 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay D (Post 2048954067)

I agree on sim I got a pretty solid pocket formed quite a few times and it surprised me. That said, he is still correct. Madden is an eyesore in motion, way to many hery janky jerky animations, I could post gifs for days. I really feel like a new locomotion system is in dire need.

I like Madden 18 over-all though. I feel the franchise needs to do A TON more to its Franchise mode though as that is all I play.

Boling4Humor 08-18-2017 03:15 PM

Madden NFL 18: Initially It Seems A Step (But Not a Leap) Forward

I plan on doing a suggestion by Millennium, I'm just going to wait for a used copy on eBay so I'm not giving EA any of my money because I personally don't feel they deserved it this year.

Do I have to wait a little longer to get it? Yes, but that's just the way it is and I can live with that.

EDIT: it wasn't millennium it was Aholbert. My bad. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports