Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Amazon discount (/forums/showthread.php?t=913389)

CBAT 08-18-2017 11:13 AM

Amazon discount

Amazon offers a discount to prime members for pre-ordering physical copies of a game. Presently, they only allow you to pre-order the digital copy, which does not offer the discount.

Does anyone know if amazon will offer a physical copy for pre-order prior to the release date?

llcmac 08-18-2017 11:55 AM

Re: Amazon discount

They probably will, they only put up the physical copies of Madden recently, my gut says they'll do the same for 2K 2 weeks out

Sent from my VS835 using Operation Sports mobile app

Hellquist 08-18-2017 01:06 PM

It's weird. I pre-ordered Evil Within 2 and Middle-Earth: Shadow of War in July. You could pre-order 2K as far as June but not this year. I don't know why. Madden is up on Amazon now and it comes out next Friday. For someone who likes to pre-order months in advance it's not good for me. Makes you feel insecure because it makes you feel like you won't be able to get the game. I am an Amazon Prime member too and it's like you do want to take advantage of your benefits.

FSUNoles2009 08-18-2017 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellquist (Post 2048953882)
It's weird. I pre-ordered Evil Within 2 and Middle-Earth: Shadow of War in July. You could pre-order 2K as far as June but not this year. I don't know why.

Agreed, I find it extremely odd, I remember being able to preorder earlier versions of the game months in advance. We're just a few weeks out, the only alternative is through Newegg, which means you get it after release date. Still, better than the high $60.00

Goffs 08-18-2017 09:10 PM

Best Buy not an option? I'm a prime member myself but I'm also a gamers club member for BB and I'm going to pick it up once released. Just didn't feel like at the end of the day to get it delivered. My area is usually the last stop for delivery...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

FSUNoles2009 08-18-2017 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goffs (Post 2048954787)
Best Buy not an option? I'm a prime member myself but I'm also a gamers club member for BB and I'm going to pick it up once released. Just didn't feel like at the end of the day to get it delivered.

Maybe, $30 for something we currently get for free with a prime membership. Still may have to look into it though.

Smallville102001 08-19-2017 03:02 AM

For me Amazon is not what it used to be not even close.

1. They charge tax now yeah I know they have to but still that used to save a lot on its own.

2. BB gamers club you get 20% of any new game no matter how long you get the game after it comes out Amazon you don't.

3. Amazon you don't get points that add up with what you buy like you do with BB.

4. Sounds like some games Amazon is only having digitally now or something.

5. Amazon used to do a thing with some games were if you preordered a game you would get like 10 credit towards your next game now they don't do that any more.

6. I don't stream stuff and like most the time I am watching TV I am watching sports and I own most of the movies I would ever care about watching and I don't use amazon enough to get 100 or even 50 with student prime amount of money out of it plus you only have to spend like 35 or something to get free shipping any way and I can want a day or 2 longer with free shipping and not pay for shipping its not a big deal.

To me I don't know why any one would use amazon over BB any more for games. I still use amazon for some stuff but for video games BB is much better.

Goffs 08-19-2017 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smallville102001 (Post 2048955098)
For me Amazon is not what it used to be not even close.

1. They charge tax now yeah I know they have to but still that used to save a lot on its own.

2. BB gamers club you get 20% of any new game no matter how long you get the game after it comes out Amazon you don't.

3. Amazon you don't get points that add up with what you buy like you do with BB.

4. Sounds like some games Amazon is only having digitally now or something.

5. Amazon used to do a thing with some games were if you preordered a game you would get like 10 credit towards your next game now they don't do that any more.

6. I don't stream stuff and like most the time I am watching TV I am watching sports and I own most of the movies I would ever care about watching and I don't use amazon enough to get 100 or even 50 with student prime amount of money out of it plus you only have to spend like 35 or something to get free shipping any way and I can want a day or 2 longer with free shipping and not pay for shipping its not a big deal.

To me I don't know why any one would use amazon over BB any more for games. I still use amazon for some stuff but for video games BB is much better.

Actually if you sign up for Amazon Prime Visa you can actually get points. Currently I'm sitting close to 200....waiting for XboxoneX for preorders to go up. The rest I agree...I remember ordering games and getting credit back. BB has this for certain games...