Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=494)
-   -   Anyone having freezes while roster editing? (/forums/showthread.php?t=913788)

LLCoolJake93 08-23-2017 02:40 AM

Anyone having freezes while roster editing?

This is getting a little ridiculous. I've lost a good amount of process twice because I don't save my roster every ten minutes. My game will freeze and crash when I'm roster editing. Doesn't make any sense. Anyone else having this issue or know a fix?

fjackson18 08-25-2017 03:31 AM

Re: Anyone having freezes while roster editing?

i am having this issue as well when i create a player. i didnt during access. hopefully there is a fix.

Herky 08-25-2017 10:37 AM

xApAthyx13 noticed some issues when edited the roster on 2018 too. I always tend to stay away from Madden when it jumps to a new engine/console the first year. I remember in Madden 2008 there was a known problem where free agents would vanish from the FA pool and by year 6 or 7 there was nobody left. The problem didn't exist on PS2 so I returned my 360 copy of Madden and played on that console.

EA never fixed that but hopefully they fix the current issues. Needless to say I'll wait until next year to get Madden because I fear there are going to be a lot of issues with the new engine because it's the first year the team is working with it.

BodamEscapePlan 08-25-2017 01:56 PM

Thanks for posting this. I just started a complete overhaul of the roster ratings (especially for free agents) and this is good to know.

LLCoolJake93 08-25-2017 03:18 PM

It seems to have subsided now. Haven't had a freeze in a couple days. I've been saving the file every two players or so, so I don't lose my progress.

Spartan Warrior 08-25-2017 07:16 PM

It's constant for me. Almost every player. Absolutely unusable right now.

Spartan Warrior 08-26-2017 05:18 PM

Seems like it has something to do with the time between opening the menu and the player model appearing. If you try to edit before the model appears, it will freeze. Once the model has shown up you're in the clear. Worked for a couple hours this morning and didn't have any problems.

tonybologna 08-29-2017 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan Warrior (Post 2048970645)
Seems like it has something to do with the time between opening the menu and the player model appearing. If you try to edit before the model appears, it will freeze. Once the model has shown up you're in the clear. Worked for a couple hours this morning and didn't have any problems.

That's it. Hopefully, Madden fixes this in a patch though. Never been an issue waiting until the player model to show up before.