Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports FC and FIFA (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=503)
-   -   Bundesliga license (/forums/showthread.php?t=914341)

Da-Man 08-28-2017 10:16 PM

Bundesliga license

I saw some beta gameplay on youtube of Bayern vs Dortmund and they were using that generic scoreboard. Did EA lose the license?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Operation Sports mobile app

GoDucks1224 08-29-2017 01:32 AM

Re: Bundesliga license

They retained the license through 2022, as of July. My guess is just early build footage or the game wasn't actually a 'Bundesliga' match and was just generic for beta reasons.

Schrankwand 08-29-2017 05:30 AM

The only thing that EA lost was the rights to the stadium of Dortmund (Signal Iduna Park). They also got the rights for the DFB-Pokal scoreboards and presentation this year. In addition with the 3rd league (or "3. Liga") it will make an authentic experience when you decide to play with a Bundesliga team in career mode this year.

PPerfect_CJ 08-29-2017 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schrankwand (Post 2048975309)
The only thing that EA lost was the rights to the stadium of Dortmund (Signal Iduna Park). They also got the rights for the DFB-Pokal scoreboards and presentation this year. In addition with the 3rd league (or "3. Liga") it will make an authentic experience when you decide to play with a Bundesliga team in career mode this year.

Unless you use Dortmund. :(

bad_philanthropy 08-29-2017 09:35 AM

Also lost the rights to the Mestalla (Valencia's home stadium). I don't think they lost any other licenses though.

They really need to get on stadiums though. If one cycle (or even if it was over two) they added all Premier League stadiums, then I want to see that happen with Spain or Germany as well.

I can understand how it is a risk to allocate resources if PES can buy stadium rights, but they have to figure out something.

Turbojugend 08-29-2017 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schrankwand (Post 2048975309)

Wow, I didn't know they got the 3. Liga license this year. That's actually pretty cool.

Do we have confirmation on the Serie A/B licenses or are we back to "Calcio" this year?

405Cowboy 08-29-2017 01:17 PM

Glad to know they still have the Bundesliga license. The Bundesliga got a new scoreboard this year so hopefully it will be in the game and we don't have to wait for an update.

All Serie A teams are licensed as are most Serie B but they are still called "Calico A" and "Calico B" as PES snagged up the Seria A&B rights.

Sadly the only Bundesliga Stadiums in the game will be Bayern/Schalke/Hamberg. You'll have to go to stadium editor and rename all the stadiums.

Still "Champions CUP" is not an available tournament in tournament mode and is only playable in "Career Mode".

I saw someone post on another site that the EFL Championship and possibly Leagues 1 & 2 will have the proper SKY Sports scoreboard but nothing is for certain.

GoDucks1224 08-29-2017 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbojugend (Post 2048975701)
Wow, I didn't know they got the 3. Liga license this year. That's actually pretty cool.

Do we have confirmation on the Serie A/B licenses or are we back to "Calcio" this year?

Still Calcio. PES has the rights to the Serie A/B name.