Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   NBA 2K18 AI Improvements Blog From Scott O’Gallagher (/forums/showthread.php?t=914388)

LD2k 08-29-2017 12:50 PM

Re: NBA 2K18 AI Improvements Blog From Scott O’Gallagher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jrocc23 (Post 2048975797)
One of the biggest cons about broadcast cam. Glad this was added.

Got a 2K11 feeling with this game. Think it'll end up becoming GOAT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's high praise from you, and damn, we haven't even hit Thursday yet... :drink:

Junior Moe 08-29-2017 12:51 PM

I love how they are explaining things more. Before I felt like I had to have some coaching experience to know what terms meant. This is great for novices like me who actually want to dig more into schemes and stuff.

Johnnythelegend 08-29-2017 12:53 PM

This system thing got me excited the most

Gramps91 08-29-2017 12:53 PM

All this stuff sounds Awesome! 😁

Jrocc23 08-29-2017 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LD2k (Post 2048975805)
That's high praise from you, and damn, we haven't even hit Thursday yet... :drink:

Just got a good feeling about it lol.

Hopefully, you play some Teamup games on Xbox next year. I still haven't forgot what you did to us with Dwight Howard some years ago [emoji23]

https://youtu.be/9W6kttiVWA0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayman504 08-29-2017 12:55 PM

I wish there was a way to incorporate either the Kinect/Mic when playing D. Saying "I got man"...or "switch" on PNR would be amazing!

CDazzle91 08-29-2017 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sitew33 (Post 2048975789)
"Team building has already been fun and entertaining in these modes, now you have another layer to think about when signing a coach or adding players to your franchise." - OG

If this translates over to the computer teams in MyGM/My League during free agency that's going to be major.

Exactly my thoughts. Hopefully they worked the new (and wonderful) system proficiency into the AI's decision making on signing/trading players. This also should help with something else that bugged me which was that coaches really didn't mean anything in MyLeague, at least not for user controlled games. Now you have to think about who to hire even if you're manually playing all the games.

Just a minor thing I noticed, during the moratorium period there's a nice display of your current cap room and hard cap room on the main screen as opposed to waiting until you offer someone a contract to show that info.

I'm looking forward to the defensive rotation and AI fixes that will really have me working to understand the X's and O's more, what a great blog.

sfx 08-29-2017 12:55 PM

There may be no greater improvement than having an icon tell me where I'm supposed to go on defense. I've been wanting this feature for years. I get so frustrated when my teammate expects me to switch on a screen and I don't because I had no clue that's what I was supposed to do. This alone justifies buying this version of the game. Bravo, 2k.