Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   NBA 2K18 AI Improvements Blog From Scott O’Gallagher (/forums/showthread.php?t=914388)

JoFri 09-18-2017 07:24 AM

Re: NBA 2K18 AI Improvements Blog From Scott O’Gallagher

Quote:

Originally Posted by alabamarob;
What is this about? They kept switching Delaney to guard Giannis. Almost cost me the game.

Looks like 2K16 issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Impetuous65 09-18-2017 08:49 AM

delete Msg

YannisLB 09-18-2017 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk (Post 2049019585)
The match ups get all screwed up once you change some. A bit annoying.

Just received the game and thats the first thing I had in the first game

Tried to switch Klay on IT and its all messed up... smsh

Is there a way or option setting to avoid this?

Smirkin Dirk 09-19-2017 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YannisLB (Post 2049019882)
Just received the game and thats the first thing I had in the first game

Tried to switch Klay on IT and its all messed up... smsh

Is there a way or option setting to avoid this?

Not sure, but I know the devs are looking into it.

A couple of things you guys need to look out for.

Setting pre-rotate to on causes a defender to move across to defend the ball when it's on the wing. Ive seen some examples of this from people and it's clear theyve set pre-rotate to on.

The new diagrams clear up a lot, and the screen help rules and drive help rules are important. By default, they seem to be set to auto so a guy driving either in iso/transition or off PNR will trigger rotations which of course means open dudes. If you want help and rotation, choose the worst shooter on the other team (Think Mbah a Moute, Roberson. If you are playing GSW...there is nothing that can be done) and set his off ball coverage to 'leave open'. Then you have a better chance of good shooters being defended.

Help and no rotation for screen help rules/drive help rules will basically trigger help at the rim only.

Getting your dudes to stay home more consistently will be helped by choosing 'no help', but be prepared for a lay up drill if your on ball D is shaky.

I havent seen ACE in every situation against every team, that will come over the next few months. But we absolutely have the tools. Its fantastic.

One thing I noticed is that ACE does make some decisions. For instance, I go over and drop back on screens as Im playing with the Mavs. I noticed that in late shot clock situations, ACE will change to 'switch' when Im defending PNRs which is typical of how damn good 2K is with minor details.