Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   Madden 18 Penalty Sliders (/forums/showthread.php?t=914749)

vannwolfhawk 09-02-2017 03:47 PM

Madden 18 Penalty Sliders

Ive tested these from day 1 online and offline all in CFM and feel like these give me pretty good results... I thought sim mode would give us more penalties at default but I played a full 10 minute game online with just 1 penalty (and it was a facemark as I had aggressive tackle on). That was with everything at 50. All these are factoring in the coaching adjustments to make sure there is balance and it's still a option to use it without being OP either direction.

The 1st number is offline and 2nd is user vs user online... If I only have 1 number listed then I use it for both offline and online user vs user games...

Offside - 50/50

You don't see many offsides here BUT when you go any higher even at 51 and with aggressive coaching adjustment every fake hike gets a jump or offsides above 50 3/4x. To balance that so coaching adjustment can be a strategy it needs to stay at 50. You will still get some offsides with aggressive at this setting.

False Start - 75/75

Get 3-4 a game here...

Offensive Holding - 60/60

Get 5-6 a game. I see other guys have there's higher here but I'm factoring in Aggressive blocking adjustment. With it any higher and you use aggressive blocking it's a penalty way too often... If you don't use that I can see going higher here... Just looking for balance here with user games & ability to still use coaching adjustments. If set to aggressive blocking you will still see a high number of calls but realistic and not every down...

Defensive Holding - 0

This I have tried all over the place and at 99 and have yet to see a call. Because of this I am setting to 50 just in case it effects man coverage.

Facemask - 53

At 54 I saw too many a game. I think 53 is the sweet spot and you will get 1 or 2 unless aggressive tackle adjustment is on.

Illegal Block In The Back - 50/50

Roughing The Passer - 51

It happens here. Have not seen any at 50...

Defensive Pass Interference - 65/65

This is the sweet spot Imo. It happens if you ball hawk too early and it feels great here! This is by far the perfect spot Imo... Any lower than this I didn't see any.

Offensive Pass Interference - ON
Kick Catch Interference - ON
Intentional Grounding - On
Roughing The Kicker - On
Running Into The Kicker - On

Oraeon1224 09-02-2017 03:53 PM

Re: Madden 18 Penalty Sliders

Thanks for doing this. It is very helpful. My only concern is the number of block in the back penalties you list seems like a lot for an NFL game

vannwolfhawk 09-02-2017 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oraeon1224 (Post 2048984993)
Thanks for doing this. It is very helpful. My only concern is the number of block in the back penalties you list seems like a lot for an NFL game

I think 51 is the sweet spot there and 1 game you might see 1 or 2 and another you might get 4. Averages out to 2 a game...

cuoreceltico 09-03-2017 12:56 PM

interesting but defensive holding at 0?? really?:y11:

earthrocker29 09-04-2017 04:02 AM

So you use coach adjustments to get penalties???
Cause with these numbers I can get just 1/2 total a game

vannwolfhawk 09-04-2017 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earthrocker29 (Post 2048987421)
So you use coach adjustments to get penalties???
Cause with these numbers I can get just 1/2 total a game

These were on all pro settings and balancing out using coaching adjustments. For example when I set aggressive pass rush and had at 51 I got way too many penalties. I just made the jump from all pro to all madden which I'm seeing these do not translate over. I had to up almost everything on all madden. So, these penalties were for all pro not all madden. On all pro I was getting 10-12 a game though. I'm assuming your all madden player? I have always played all madden in the past but wanted to try all pro out as it's supposed to be more player ratings based and no cheats, etc. But I couldn't do it. The Cpu calls a completely different and smarter game on all madden. They use more of their playbook, defensively call more zone and zone blitzes and no cover 1 hardly at all. The thing that was the deal breaker on all pro for me though was even with 100 threshold, 100 man coverage and 100 reaction (yes this is not backwards after testing a ton) that streaks, outs, and double moves could not be guarded in man to man or even the double moves in zone blitzes. That was the deal breaker. I want to be able to call man to man defenses where on all madden I can with sliders tweaked. On all pro no matter what the CPU could not defend a few routes. I don't have to give myself rules and handcuff my play calling now. Anyways, I should update the OP with thresholds for both...

earthrocker29 09-04-2017 04:56 AM

No no.. all pro player every year, this year too.
It's weird, I have
Offside 70
False start 55
Holding 60
Def holding 75
Pass int 70
Rough 50
Illegal block 50

No penalties at all, just 1-3 a game total