Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Poor pass defense tied to QB awareness? (/forums/showthread.php?t=914798)

Other Guy 09-03-2017 09:43 AM

Poor pass defense tied to QB awareness?

Hi everyone, I'm asking the question above to see if anyone has noticed anything similar.

I am trying to determine how QB awareness affects user-controlled QBs during a game. To test things out, I edited Tom Brady's awareness down to 0, and took him into a practice session. While his throws were still strong and accurate, I found that the pass defense was unbelievably good. I could still complete passes as long as I got someone wide open (which was not often), but if a defender was anywhere near the intended receiver it was a knockdown or INT every time.

Next, I edited his awareness back up to 99 and went back into practice against the same team (Colts). Sure enough, at 99 awareness the usual pass defense problems reemerged. Receivers were open almost all the time, and DBs rarely made a play on the ball.

Now this is a very small sample size. I only ran about 50 plays with each rating, so this may be an anomaly. I'm posting just to ask if anyone has seen anything like it.

rkocjay 09-03-2017 09:58 AM

Re: Poor pass defense tied to QB awareness?

Very interesting fine

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Operation Sports mobile app

LocDawg5050 09-03-2017 09:59 AM

interezting tezt....kinda wish the Awr of user controlled players was affected in another manner....IE...low Awr rb thats being controlled runs into blocks more offten..where as a high awr has a tendencey to find and drift towards holes in the defense more easily.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Gosens6 09-03-2017 10:37 AM

It would explain why highly rated QBs are always completing 85-100% of passes every game, while lower rated QBs have incompletions, off target throws, etc.

I can’t believe no one has ever thought to test this before. Makes a hell of a lot of sense to me

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

eastcoast49ers 09-03-2017 10:58 AM

I believe this is a known fact that was confirmed a few Maddens ago. High QB awareness rating is replicated in the game by having the pass coverage be weaker.

KingV2k3 09-03-2017 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eastcoast49ers (Post 2048986177)
I believe this is a known fact that was confirmed a few Maddens ago. High QB awareness rating is replicated in the game by having the pass coverage be weaker.

This is how the game implements "defensive awareness"...

The higher the QB AWR the "lower" the "defensive awareness" plays...

The reverse is the inverse...

It also works this way for the human player...

When you play as Tom Brady (for example) the passing windows are bigger and the pass rush is weaker...

Put in the Pat's 2nd or 3rd string guy and those windows become noticeably smaller and the rush heats up...

It's the primary reason I always begin CFM with a rookie QB...

Game is MUCH more challenging when your QB's AWR is the 60's...

Lastly:

Back in the PS2 days there used to be a slider dedicated to defensive awareness, which would come in quite handy with the current game issues...

Black Bruce Wayne 09-03-2017 11:14 AM

This needs to be changed if so. There has to be a better way to implement this. Or different way

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

gman2774 09-03-2017 11:20 AM

Is it possible to edit HUM Qb awareness? Dumb question but I've never tried.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports